Molecular Plant Pathology
Bio-control of Fungi
Molecular Basis of Plant Pathogenic Bacteria
Host- Pathogen Interaction
Molecular characterization of microbes
2017-till to date: Assistant Professor
Teach Plant Pathology
related courses to undergraduate and graduate students in class sizes
averaging 50 students. Supervise undergraduate and MS student.
Taught Plant Pathology and
Entomology related courses to undergraduate students in class sizes averaging
· Rinita Islam, Sabiha Sultana, Md. Rejaul Islam and Chhoa Mondal. 2019. Effect of aerated and non-aerated compost tea against some fungal phytopathogens. J Bangladesh Agril Univ 17(2): 142–147. https://doi.org/10.3329/jbau.v17i2.41936
· Chhoa Mondal, Md Rashidul Islam, K.M. Golam Dastogeer, Md Atiqur Rahman Khokon, Md Wazuddin and Md Ashik Iqbal Khan.2014. Screening of parental lines of three- line rice hybrid against Xanthomonas oryzae pv. Oryzae. International Journal of Agricultural Technology, 10(2): 407-421.
· M.R. Islam, C. Mondal, I. Hossain and M.B. Meah. 2013. Compost tea as soil drench: an alternative approach to control bacterial wilt in brinjal. Archives of Phytopathology and Plant Protection. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/03235408.2013.847654
· Md. Rashidul Islam, Chhoa Mondal, Ismail Hossain and M. Bahadur Meah. 2013. Compost Tea and Poultry Litter Extract: Alternative Organic Management Approaches for Stem Canker of Potato Caused by Rhizoctonia solani. Journal of Agricultural Science, 5(10): 261-272. doi:10.5539/jas.v5n10p261
· Md. Rashidul Islam, Chhoa Mondal, Ismail Hossain and M. Bahadur Meah. 2013. Organic Management: An Alternative to Control Late Blight of Potato and Tomato Caused by Phytophthora infestans. International Journal of Theoretical & Applied Sciences, 5(2): 32-42.
· N. Sultana, C. Mondal, M. M. Hossain, M. A. R. Khokon and M. R. Islam. 2017. Effect of fermented tea extract in controlling brown spot and narrow brown spot of rice. Bangladesh Journal of Agricultural Research, 42(4): 621-629.
· Zilkad Nasrin, Zannat Ara Ferdousy, Bidhan Chandro Sarker, Sabiha Sultana, Sanjoy Kumar Adhikary and Chhoa Mondal. 2017. Effect of subculturing and culture age on sporulation and morphological characteristics of bipolaris sorokiniana. Khulna University Studies, 14 (1 & 2): 59-70.
· C. Mondal, S. Sultana, M. A. Mannan and S. A. K. U. Khan. 2016. Khan Preparation and Sensorial Evaluation of Pickles, Jam, Jelly and Squash Developed from Jackfruit (Artocarpus heterophyllus). J. Environ. Sci. & Natural Resources, 9(2): 35-41. DOI:http://dx.doi.org/10.3329/jesnr.v9i2.32149