Dr. Md. Enamul Kabir
PhD (Plant Nutrition): Murdoch University, Australia;
Degree awarded on 18 February 2013.
MS (Agronomy): Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur
Rahman Agricultural University (BSMRAU), Degree awarded in 2002 (CGPA 4.0
in a scale of 4.0).
BSc (Agriculture): Bangladesh Agricultural University (BAU), Degree awarded in 1998.
“Nutrient Management for Diversified Cropping in Bangladesh (NUMAN)” – in collaboration with Murdoch University, Australia; BARC*, BRRI*, BARI*, BAU, PSTU* of Bangladesh.
July 2018 to June 2021
Principal investigator of Khulna University part
ACIAR* of Australia and KGF* of Bangladesh
“Cropping systems intensification in the salt affected coastal zones of Bangladesh and West Bengal, India” – in collaboration with CSIRO* and Murdoch University of Australia, BARI*, BRRI*, IWM* of Bangladesh and 3 partner institutes from India.
November 2015 to October 2019
Principal investigator of Khulna University part
ACIAR of Australia and KGF of Bangladesh
1. Paul PLC, Bell RW, Barrett-Lennard Ed, Kabir E (2020) Straw mulch and irrigation affect solute potential and sunflower yield in a heavy textured soil in the Ganges Delta. Agricultural water Management (accepted).
2. Paul PLC, Bell RW, Barrett-Lennard Ed, Kabir E (2020) Variation in the yield of sunflower (Helianthus annuus L.) due to differing tillage systems is associated with variation in solute potential of the soil solution in a salt-affected coastal region of the Ganges Delta. Soil and Tillage Research 197. DOI: 10.1016/j.still.2019.104489
3. Kabir M. E., Sarker B. C., Ggosh A. K., Mainuddin M. and Bell R. W. (2019). Effect of sowing dates for wheat grown in excess water and salt affected soils in Southwestern coastal Bangladesh. Journal of the Indian Society of Coastal Agricultural Research, 37(2): 51-59.
4. Bell R.W., Mainuddin, M., Barrett-Lennard, E.G., Sarangi, S.K., Maniruzzaman, M., Brahmachari, K., Sarker, K.K., Burman, D., Gaydon, D.S., Kirby, J.M., Glover, M., Rashid, M.H., Khan, M.S.I., Kabir, M.E., Rahman, M.A. and Hossain, M.B. (2019). Cropping systems intensification in the coastal zone of the Ganges delta: opportunities and risks. Journal of the Indian Society of Coastal Agricultural Research 37(2): 153-161.
5. Mila AJ, Bell RW, Barrett-Lennard Ed, Kabir E, Yu Y (2019) Salinity dynamics in river water, canal water, pond water and groundwater over the dry season in Ganges Delta: Implications for dry season cropping. Proceedings of the Saline Future: Addressing climate Change and Food Security conference, 10-13 September 2019, pp. 32-32, Leeuwarden, The Netherlands.
6. Kabir E and Sarker BC (2019) Constraint-level excess water in coastal soil can be a resource for cropping during winter in the southwestern region of Bangladesh. Proceedings of the Saline Future: Addressing climate Change and Food Security conference, 10-13 September 2019, pp. 125-126, Leeuwarden, The Netherlands.
7. Paul PLC, Bell RW, Barrett-Lennard, Kabir E (2018). Establishment of Sunflower and Maize on wet soils in the salt-affected coastal region of Bangladesh. Proceedings in the 21 World Congress of Soil Science: beyond food and fuel, 12–17, 2018, Rio de Jenerio, Brazil.
8. Bell RW, Haque ME, Johansen C, Vance W, Kabir E, Musa MA, Mia MNN, Neogi MG and Islam MA (2017). Mechanised minimum soil disturbance establishment and yield of diverse crops in paddy fields using a two-wheel tractor-mounted planter suitable for smallholder cropping. Experimental Agriculture, 54: 755-773. doi:10.1017/S0014479717000370.
9. Kabir E, Islam Y, Jahan J, Bell RW (2017). Increasing cropping intensity in saline coastal zone soils of Bangladesh: the challenges of fitting maize between wet soils at establishment and saline, dry soils after silking. In: Proceedings of the XVIII. International Plant Nutrition Colloquium (IPNC), 21 -24 August 2017, Tivoli Congress Center, Copenhagen, Denmark, pp. 393 – 394.
10. Kabir E, Johansen C, Bell RW (2016). Effect of phosphorus fertilizer placement on emergence and early growth of chickpea (Cicer arietinum L.). Khulna University Studies, 13: 65 – 78.
11. Kabir E, Johansen C, Bell RW (2016). Subsoil rhizosphere modification by chickpea under a dry topsoil: implications for P acquisition. Journal of Plant Nutrition and Soil Science, 178: 904 – 913. DOI: 10.1002/jpln.201500021.
12. Mondal P, Remme RN, Das D, Ali Y, Kabir E. 2015. Germination and seedling growth of indigenous Aman rice under NaCl salinity. International Journal of Multidisciplinary Research and Development 2: 251-257.
13. Kabir E. 2014. Grain yield and phosphorus accumulation of field grown chickpea to subsoil phosphorus under a dry topsoil in the High Barind Tract. In: Proceedings of the Conference on Conservation Agriculture for Smallholders in Asia and Africa. 7-11 December 2014, Mymensingh, Bangladesh. (Eds. WH Vance, RW Bell, ME Haque). pp 141-142.
14. Kabir E, Bell RW, Johansen C. 2013. Subsoil rhizosphere modification by chickpea under a dry topsoil. In: Proceedings of the XVII. International Plant Nutrition Colloquium (IPNC) and Boron Satellite Meeting, Sabanci University, Istanbul. pp. 25 – 26.
15. Das GG. Kabir E and Quddus MA. 2012. Heterosis in interspecific Brassica hybrids grown under field condition. International Journal of Bioresearch. 1: 257 – 266.
16. Kabir E, Bell RW and Johansen C. 2010. Triple superphosphate affects early growth of chickpea. 19th World Congress of Soil Science, Soil Solutions for a Changing World. 1 – 6 August 2010, Brisbane, Australia. Published on CDROM.
17. Haque ME, Esdaile RJ, Kabir E, Vance W, Bell RW, Musa AM, Shahidullah AKM, Mia MNN, Maruffuzaman M and Johansen C. 2010. Minimum-tillage, mechanized sowing of pulses with two-wheel tractors. 19th World Congress of Soil Science, Soil Solutions for a Changing World. 1 – 6 August 2010, Brisbane, Australia. Published on CDROM.
18. Biswas D, Khan HI, Pervin T, Kabir E, Islam MM and Ahmed M. 2008. Effect of different media on callus induction and plant regeneration of three rice varieties. South Asian Journal of Agriculture. 3: 67-70.
19. Das GG, Quddus MA and Kabir E. 2007. Heterosis in intervarietal Brassica hybrids grown under field condition. South Asian Journal of Agriculture. 2: 3-6.
20. Kabir E, Hamid A, Haque MM, Nawata E and Karim MA. 2005. Effect of nitrogen fertilizer on salinity tolerance of mungbean (Vigna radiata L. Wilczek). Japanese Journal of Tropical Agriculture. 49: 119-125.
21. Kabir E, Rashid HA and Jahan MS. 2004. Yield performance of three aromatic fine rices in a coastal low land. Pakistan Journal of Biological Sciences. 7: 1526-1529.
22. Kabir E, Kabir MR and Jahan MS. 2004. Yield performance of three aromatic fine rice varieties in a coastal medium high land. Asian Journal of Plant Sciences. 3: 561-563.
23. Kabir E, and Karim MA. 2004. Effect of potassium on salinity tolerance of mungbean (Vigna radiata Wilczek). Journal of Biological Sciences. 4: 103-110.
24. Das GG, Quddus MA and Kabir E. 2004. Heterosis in intervarietal Brassica hybrids grown under saline condition. Journal of Biological Sciences. 4: 664-667.
25. Mohanta, BK, Alam MR, Kabir E, Anam MK, and Habib MA. 2003. Performance of different genotypes/cultivars to blast disease of rice in boro and T. aman crop in Bangladesh. Asian Journal of Plant Sciences. 2: 575-577.
Haque ME, Bell RW, Jahiruddin M, Hossain MM, Rahman MM, Begum M, Hossen MA, Salahin N, Zahan T, Hossain MM, Hashem A, Islam MA, Vance WH, Hossain MI, Esdaile RJ, and Kabir E (2018). Manual for Smallholders' Conservation Agriculture in Rice-based Systems. Murdoch University. p 108.