Prof. Dr. Mosummath Hosna Ara
Ph.D, Dept. of Applied Chemistry and Chemical Technology,
M. Sc., Dept. of Applied Chemistry and Chemical Technology,
B.Sc., (Hons.), Dept. of Applied Chemistry and Chemical Technology,
|Geographic Information System (GIS)||Planing and Development
Research Center (PDRC), Khunla University.|
|2006||Microsoft office and Internet||Computer Center, Rajshahi University.|
|2008||University of Stirling, Scotland,
UK and Bangladesh Agriculture University, Mymensingh, Bangladesh.||Potential Impacts of Climate Change on Fisheries
and Aquaculture in Bangladesh.||4th November,
(held in Khulna)|
|2000||Department for International
Development (DFID), UK and UGC.||Teaching Methods||July, 1-6 (held in BCDM, |
Experiences in Teaching:
Tenure of Service
|3.||Assistant Professor (Chemistry) Fisheries and
Marine Resource Technology Discipline.|
|4.||Lecturer (Chemistry), Fisheries and Marine
Resource Technology Discipline.|
1. Principle Investigator on “Analysis of heavy metals in vegetables and growing soil from Mongla, Bangladesh” (January 2018 to June 2019). Funded by Khulna University Research cell, Khulna-9208.
2. Principle Investigator on “Fatty acid composition of Liza parsia by Gas chromatography- Flame Ionization Detector and Quantification of residual amount of organo chlorine pesticides(OCPs) on this fish fillet by Gas Chromatography-Electron Capture detector” (April 2016 to 2017). Funded by Khulna University Research cell, Khulna-9208.
3. Project Director on “Assessment and evaluation of the natural waters suitability for irrigation in and around Sailmari river, Khulna” (From 2013 to 2015). Funded by UGC of Bangladesh, Agargoan, Dhaka-1207.
4. Principal Investigator on “Effects of Oil Pollution on Fisheries Sundarbans Reserve Forest, Khulna” (From August 2003 to January 2004). Funded by Khulna University Research cell, Khulna-9208.
Administrative Experiences in Khulna University:
1. Syndicate Member, Khulna University, Khulna-9208 (From 27.12.2017 to present)
2. Member, School of Studies, Social Science School, Khulna University, Khulna-9208
3. Member, School of Studies, Life Science School, Khulna University, Khulna-9208, (From 11.07.2017 to present)
4. Member, Board of Studies, Khulna University, Khulna-9208, Bangladesh(From 14.09.2017 to present)
5. Member, Selection Board (Grade 13th -20th Employee), Khulna University, Khulna-9208,Bangladesh (From 2012 to present)
6. Member, School of Studies, Science, Engineering & Technology School, Khulna University, Khulna-9208, Bangladesh (From 2010 to present)
7. Chairman, Sexual Harassment Prevention Committee, Khulna University, Khulna-9208, Bangladesh (From 2014 to present).
8. Provost, Aparajita Hall, Khulna University, Khulna-9208, Bangladesh (From 2012 to 2017).
9. General Secretary, Khulna University Teachers Association, Khulna University, Khulna-9208, Bangladesh (2016-2017).
10. Head, Chemistry Discipline, Khulna University, Khulna-9208, Bangladesh (From 01.07. 2012 to 01.07.2015).
11. Member, Sexual Harassment Prevention Committee, Khulna University, Khulna- 9208, Bangladesh (From 2013 to 2014)
Professional/Administrative Experience in Other Universities/Organizations:
1. Member, Advisor, Central Executive Council, BJSC (Bangladesh Journalism Students Council)
2. Member, Governing body, Khulna Collegiate Girls School and KCC Women College, Khulna
3. Expert (Academic) Member, Selection Board, Department of Chemistry, Khulna University of Engineering& Technology, Khulna, Bangladesh
4. Expert Member, Selection Committee for Professor and Associate Professor Environment Science and Technology Department, Jashore University of Science and Technology, Jashore, Bangladesh.
5. Expert Member, Selection Board for Senior Lecturer in Chemistry, North Western University, Khulna, Bangladesh.
6. Member, Academic Council, Uttara University, Uttara, Dhaka, Bangladesh
7. Member, Executive committee, SabiraRoauf College, Gopalgonj, Bangladesh (From 2007 to 2009)
8. Chairman, M.A. Rouf Teachers Training College, Gopalgonj, Bangladesh (From 2007 to 2009).
List of Research Publications (International and National):
1. Sadhon Chandra Swarnokar, Nazia Hassan, Masudur Rahman, Md. Muhyminul Islam and Mosummath Hosna Ara. Assessment of Groundwater Quality in a Tidal River Basin of the Ganges Delta in Bangladesh. Journal of Geoscience and Environment Protection, 7(5):131-151, 2019.
2. Mosummath Hosna Ara, Abu Rayhan, Khan Nazim Uddin and Palash Kumar Dhar. Health Risk Assessment of Heavy Metals in the Leafy, Fruit and Root Vegetables Cultivated Near Mongla Industrial Area, Bangladesh. Journal of Human, Environment and Health Promotion, 4(4):144-152, 2018.
3. Rumpa Kundu and Mosummath Hosna Ara. Irrigation Water Quality Assessment of Chitra River, Southwest Bangladesh. Journal of Geoscience and Environment Protection, 7(4):175-191, 2019.
4. Mosummath Hosna Ara, Kaykobad Md. Rezaul Karim, Nirob Kumar Saha, A. B. M. Nazmul Islam and Palash Kumar Dhar. Hematological, Histopathological and Growth Performance Studies on Albino Rats Fed on Mystus gulio Fillet with Formulated Cereal. Journal of Chemical Health Risks, 9(1):1-10, 2019.
5. Mosummath Hosna Ara, Uttom Kumar Mondal, Palash Kumar Dhar and Md. Nazim Uddin. Presence of Heavy Metals in Vegetables Collected from Jashore, Bangladesh: Human Health Risk Assessment. Journal of Chemical Health Risks, 8(4):277-287, 2018.
6. Prianka Saha, Md. Mahiuddin, Nirob Kumar Saha, A. B. M. Nazmul Islam and Mosummath Hosna Ara. Investigation on Fatty Acid Composition of Oil Extracted from Carica papaya L Seed. International Journal of Innovative Research in Science, Engineering and Technology, 7(10):10543-10548, 2018.
7. Md. Abu Rayhan Khan, Mosummath Hosna Ara and Muhammad Shamim Al Mamun. Fatty Acid Composition and Chemical Parameters of Liza parsia. Journal of Basic and Applied Chemistry, 8(3):1-8, 2018.
8. Mossummath Hosna Ara, Md. Nazim Uddin, Subhas Chandra Sarkar and Uttom Kumar. Seasonal variations of temperature dependent physico-chemical parameters of a costal river Bhadra, Bangladesh. Journal of Tropical Biology and Conservation, 14:69-81, 2017.
9. Mosummath Hosna Ara, Muhammad Shamim Al Mamun, Jannatul Naime and K. M. R. Karim. Quantitative analysis of fatty acids composition and residual amount of DDTS of Mystus gulio- A brackish fish. The Indian Journal of scientific research, 7(2):1-5, 2017.
10. Md. Muhyminul Islam, Olaf K. Lenz, Abul Kalam Azad, Mosummath Hosna Ara, Masudur Rahman and Nazia Hassan. Assessment of Spatio-temporal Variations in Water Quality of Sailmari River, Khulna (Bangladesh) using Multivariate Statistical Techniques. Journal of Geoscience and Environment Protection, 5:1-26, 2017.
11. Mosummath Hosna Ara, Md. Nazim Uddin, Firoz Ahmed and Md. Jahangir Alam. Analysis of Bhadra River Surface Water during Rainy Season. The International Journal of Engineering and Science (IJES), 5(6):24-28, 2016.
12. Md. Muhyminul Islam, Abul Kalam Azad, Mosummath Hosna Ara, Masudur Rahman, Nazia Hassan, Sadhon Chandra Swarnokar and Israth Rabeya. Environmental Study on a Costal River of Bangladesh with Reference to Irrigation Water Quality Assesment: A Case Study on Shailmari River, Khulna. Journal of Geoscience and Environment Protection, 4:41-64, 2016.
13. H. Ara, M. S. Rahaman, M. M. Islam, A. Mallick and M. S. Hossain. A laboratory Approach for Determining Effects of Potential Oil Spillage on Water Quality of Surdarbans Mangrove Frost, Bangladesh. Journal of life and Earth Science, 3(4):23-28, 2009.
14. Kaykobad Md. Rezaul Karim, Mossummath Hosna Ara, Md. Rezaul Haque and Md. Ashkar Bin Sayeed. Antibacterial activity of Cissusquadrangula (Veld Grape). Bangladesh Reasearch Publications Journal, 2(4):742-747, 2009.
15. H. Ara., S. Begum, M. Ahsan, Z. Islam and K. M. R. Karim. Solis and Drainage Congestion of Beel Dakatia: A Case Study. J. Asiat. Soc., 34(1):55-64, 2008.
16. M. Z. Islam, S. Begum, H. Ara and T. M. Waliullah. Effect of Furadan on the Growth and Nitrogen Fixation by Blue Green Algae. Journal of Bio- Science, 15:23-34, 2007.
17. H. Ara, M. Jesmine, S. M. Rahman, K. M. R. Karim and M. S. Rahman. Proximate and Mineral Composition of Four Tengra (mystus sp.) Fishes of Bangladesh. Khulna University studies, 7:51-54, 2006.
18. M. S. Rahman, H. Ara and M. M. Islam. Determination of the total hydrocarbon concentrations in the shipping channel in the Sundarbans mangrove forest of Bangladesh by modified partition gravimetric technique. Khulna University studies, special issue (1st Research cell conference.), 73-77, 2006.
19. S. Begum, K. Ikejima, H. Ara and M. Z. Islam. Solar Drying as an Option for Shrimp Processing Bio waste in Khulna District –Southwest Bangladesh. Journal of Applied Sciences, 6(5):1302-1306, 2006.
20. S. Begum, K. Ikejima, H. Ara and M. Z.Islam. Alternative Processing Option from Shrimp Processing Bio waste in Khulna District–Southwest Bangladesh. Journal of Applied Sciences, 6(6):1307-1313, 2006.
21. S. M. Rahman, M. N. Haque, M. N. Siddiqui, H. Ara and M. N. Ahsan. Proximate Composition of Six Shrimp Species in Bangladesh. University journal of Zoology, Rajshahi University, 23:13-16, 2004.
Accepted Article for Publication:
1. Md. Abu Rayhan Khan, Mosummath Hosna Ara and Palash Kumar Dhar. Assessment of Heavy Metal concentrations in Soil Collected from Mongla, Industrial Area, Bangladesh. Environmental Health Engineering and Management Journal.
1. Mst. Muslima Khatun, Sk. Mustafizur Rahman, Mrs. Hosna Ara and Md. Nazmul Ahsan. Livelihood outcomes: Lessons learned from five case studies; National Workshop on Sustainable Livelihood Approach(SLA) in Fisheries Education and Research, 31 May 2004, Khulna University, Khulna (Published as full paper).
2. M. S. Rahaman and Hosna Ara. Effect of Oil Pollution on Fisheries in Surdarbans Reserve Forest, Khulna. Bangladesh Chemical Congress. 27thAnual Conference of Bangladesh Chemical Society, Teacher Student Center, Dhaka, 9-11, 2004 (Published as abstract).