Dr. Md. Sohel Mahmud Sher
· Modeling of Optical Waveguide Lasers and Amplifiers
· Silicon Photonics
· Free Space Optics
· Optical Fiber Communication
Ph.D., Telecommunications, Scuola Superiore Sant’Anna, Pisa, Italy, 2008-2011
M. Engg., Telecommunications, Asian Institute of Technology, Pathumthani, Thailand, 2004-2006
B.Sc.Engg., Electronics and Communication Engineering, Khulna University, Khulna, Bangladesh, 1997-2001
- Professor, ECE Discipline, Khulna University, Khulna, Bangladesh, April 2015-Present.
- Associate Professor, ECE Discipline, Khulna University, Khulna, Bangladesh, October 2009-April 2015.
- Assistant Professor, ECE Discipline, Khulna University, Khulna, Bangladesh, August 2005-October 2009.
- Lecturer, ECE Discipline, Khulna University, Khulna, Bangladesh, August 2002- August 2005.
- Part-time teacher, ECE Discipline, Khulna University, Khulna, Bangladesh, March-August, 2002.
 Shakila Naznin and Md. Sohel Mahmud Sher, “Design of a lithium niobate-on-insulator-based optical microring resonator for biosensing applications”, Optical Engineering, vol. 55, no. 8, pages: 087108(1-6), August 2016.
 Ibrahim Khalil, Atanu Biswas, Rakibul Bari Rakib, Md. Abu Sayeed, Md. Sohel Mahmud Sher, “WDM Transmission for Free Space Optics under Different Atmospheric Conditions”, STM Journal, Trends in opto-electro & optical communications, vol. 4, no. 1, pages: 7-12, April 2014.
 S. M. Sher, P. Pintus, F. Di Pasquale, “Numerical Study of Novel High-Index-Contrast Er:LiNbO3 Photonic Wire Lasers Optically Pumped at 980nm," Applied Optics, vol. 52, no. 19, pages: 4438-4445, July, 2013.
Sohel Mahmud Sher and Poompat Saengudomlert, “Code Acquisition in Optical CDMA Systems Using
Two-Level Serial Search-and-Verification Algorithm”, the
6th International Conference on Electrical Engineering/Electronics, Computer,
Telecommunications, and Information Technology (ECTI-CON 2009) ,Vol. 02, pages:
976-979, May 6-9, 2009, Pattaya, Thailand.