Md. Ziaul Amin
PhD in Engineering (ongoing)
NSW -2109, Australia
MS in Electrical Engineering
King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals
BSc in Electronics and Communication Engineering
In 2007, Md. Ziaul Amin received BSc degree in Electronics and Communication Engineering from Khulna University, Bangladesh. Following his BSc degree, he started his career in the telecom sector as a system engineering. In 2008, he joined in Electronics and Communication Engineering discipline as a faculty member. In 2013, he received a scholarship from the Education Ministry of Saudi Arabia for his MS degree in Electrical Engineering from King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals. He also held a research assistant position in the Department of Electrical Engineering King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals.
His research interests are laser physics, photonics, fiber lasers, and fiber sensors. Currently, he is in study leave to pursue his PhD degree in engineering from Macquarie University, Sydney, Australia.
- M. R. Majewski, M. Z. Amin, T. Berthelot, and S. D. Jackson, "Directly diode-pumped mid-infrared dysprosium fiber laser," Opt. Lett. 44, 5549-5552 (2019).
- M. A. Kabir, M. M. " Theoretical investigation of erbium‐doped fiber laser as a function of ion‐clustering, temperature, pumping wavelength, and configuration". Mic. Opt. Tech. Lett. 62, 531– 539 (2019).
- M. Z. Amin, K. K. Qureshi, and M. M. Hossain, "Doping radius effects on an erbium-doped fiber amplifier," Chin. Opt. Lett. 17, 010602- (2019).
- M. M. Hossain, M. B. Hossain, and M. Z. Amin, "Small coupling length with a low confinement loss dual-core liquid infiltrated photonic crystal fiber coupler," OSA Continuum 1, 953-962 (2018).
- M. M. Hossain, R. Mandal, M. Z. Amin, H. S. Mondal, M. E. Rahaman, "Chloroform infiltrate temperature sensor using asymmetric circular dual-core photonic crystal fiber," Journal of Bio-medical Photonics and Engineering, (2018)
- M. Z. Amin, K. K. Qureshi, "Investigation of clustering effects on erbium-doped fiber laser performance,". Chin. Opt. Lett., 15 (1): 010601 (2017).
- M. Z. Amin, K. K. Qureshi, " A comparative study of all optical signal regeneration techniques," The Op. Opt. Journal., 9: 18-25 (2015).
- M. Z. Amin, " Application of Electromagnetic Waves in Cancer Treatment by Hyperthermia," Journal of Electr. Anal. and App. 6: 209-212 (2014).
- M. M. Uddin, S. Ahmed, M. F. Shah, M. Z. Amin, and M. Y. Ali, “Pole Capacity Enhancement Technique in GSM/UMTS Co-Sitting Cell by Introducing Vocoder Parameter,” Int. J. Comput. Inf. Technol., 2 (2), 20–24 (2012).
- S. S. Mostafa, K. J. Reza, M. Z. Amin, and M. Ahmad, “Intelligent paging strategy for multi-carrier CDMA system,” Int. J. Comput. Sci. Issues, 8 (6), 254–260 (2011).
- S. S. Mostafa, K. J. Reza, G. M. Rashid, M. Moinuddin, M. Z. Amin, and A. Al Nahid, “An efficient paging algorithm for multi-carrier CDMA system,” Int. J. Comput. Sci. Issues, 8 (3), 421–426 (2011).
- I. M. Laisuzzaman, N. Imran, A. A. Nahid, M. Z. Amin, M. A. Alim, " The framework for Implementing e-commerce: the role of bank and telecom in Bangladesh," Journl. Tel.1 (1), 57-62 (2010).
- M. S. Uddin, M. K. Kabir, S. M. Asaduzzaman, M. Z. Amin, and A. Al Nahid, “Performance evaluation of natural ordering and gray coded modulation scheme (16-QAM & 16-PSK) With Convolution Coding,” Int. J. Comput. Intell. Inf. Secur., 1(1), (2010).
- M. Azam, Habibi, Abdullah-Al-Nahid, M. A. Alim, and M. Z. Amin, “A Survey and Comparison of Various Routing Protocols of Wireless Sensor Network (WSN) and Proposed New TTDD Protocol Based on LEACH.,” Int. J. Comput. Netw. Secur., 2 (8), 80–83 (2010.
- M. Z. Amin, M. R. Majewski, R. I. Woodward, A. Fuerbach, S. D. Jackson, "New excitation wavelengths for dysprosium-doped mid-infrared fiber lasers," Proc. SPIE 11260, Fiber Lasers XVII: Technology and Systems, 112601R (21 February 2020).
- M. Z. Amin, M. R. Majewski, S. D. Jackson, "Yellow emission from dysprosium-doped ZBLAN fiber laser," Proc. SPIE 11260, Fiber Lasers XVII: Technology and Systems, 112601K (21 February 2020).
- M. R. Majewski, M. Z. Amin, T. Berthelot, S. D. Jackson, "Diode pumped dysprosium fiber laser," Proc. SPIE 11260, Fiber Lasers XVII: Technology and Systems, 112601P (21 February 2020).
- M. Z. Amin, M. R. Majewski, S. D. Jackson, "GaN laser diode pumped dysprosium doped ZBLAN fibre laser for yellow emission," Proc. SPIE 11200, AOS Australian Conference on Optical Fibre Technology (ACOFT) and Australian Conference on Optics, Lasers, and Spectroscopy (ACOLS) 2019, 1120017 (30 December 2019).
- M. Z. Amin, K. K. Qureshi and M. M. Hossain, "Length optimization and pumping configuration based tunable Erbium Doped Fiber Laser," 4th International Conference on Electrical Engineering and Information & Communication Technology (iCEEiCT), Dhaka, Bangladesh, 616-619 (2018).
- M. S. Ahsan, M. R. Hossain, S. Mehbuba, K. M. Sarif Islam, M. Z. Amin and I. Sohn, "Efficiency improvement of organic light emitting diodes (OLEDs) using micro/nano-structures," 3rd International Conference on Electrical Engineering and Information Communication Technology (ICEEICT), Dhaka, 1-6, (2016).
- M. Z. Amin and K. K. Qureshi, "Er3+-Er3+ interaction effects and performance evaluation of Erbium Doped Fiber amplifiers," 2015 IEEE 28th Canadian Conference on Electrical and Computer Engineering (CCECE), Halifax, NS, 1383-1386 (2015).