Dr. Md. Golam Sarower
MG Sarower was born in Jashore, Bangladesh. He is now a Professor in Fisheries and Marine Resource Technology Discipline at the Khulna University where he has been a faculty member since 1997. He completed his PhD in 2004 & MS in 2001 at the University of Tokyo and his undergraduate studies at Khulna University, Bangladesh in 1996. His research interests lie in the area of genetics, biochemistry and microbiology, ranging from theory to research. He received MS leading PhD Japanese government scholarship to study in the University of Tokyo from 1998 to 2004. He was also granted JSPS Post-Doctoral Fellowship and Invitation Research Fellow in 2005 and 2015 to conduct research on gene promoter analysis and population genetics analysis at the same university of Japan, respectively.
Invitation Research, The University of Tokyo, Japan, July 7, 2015 – May 5, 2016
Research Title: Analysis of population genetic diversity of mud crab and profiling its bioactive compounds
Post Ph. D. in Molecular Genetic, The University of Tokyo, Japan, Nov 23, 2005 – Nov 22, 2007
Research Title: Analysis of genomic structure and promoter of Carp D-Amino Acid Oxidase
Ph.D. in Fish Genetics, The University of Tokyo, Japan, 25 March 2004
Dissertation: Molecular and Biochemical Studies on Carp D-Amino Acid Oxidase
M.Sc. in Marine Biochemistry, The University of Tokyo, Japan, 29 March 2001
Thesis: Study on D-Amino Acid and D-Aspartate Oxidase in Aquatic Animal
Research Student, The University of Tokyo, Japan, 30 March 1999
B.Sc. in Fisheries and Marine Resource Technology, Khulna University, Bangladesh, 7 Aug1996
Thesis: Present Status of Baghda Culture in Khulna Region of Bangladesh
- Fish population genetics analysis
- Population genetics analysis
- Enzyme extraction and characterization from fish and bacterial sources
- Gene isolation, sequencing and molecular characterization
- Expression of isolated gene in E. coli bacteria
- Isolation of expressed protein in bacteria cell and characterization
- Promoter zone analysis in fish gene
- Detection of pathogenic bacteria by PCR
- Plankton identification and quantification
- Breeding of aquarium fish
Current Research Project/Collaboration
|No Research Project Available|
Lecturer in Fisheries and Marine Resource Technology Discipline, Khulna University from 04 March, 1997 to 02 August, 2001.
Assistant Professor in Fisheries and Marine Resource Technology Discipline, Khulna University from 03 August, 2001 to 02 August, 2005
Associate Professor in Fisheries and Marine Resource Technology Discipline, Khulna University from 03 August, 2005 to13 January, 2010
Professor in Fisheries and Marine Resource Technology Discipline, Khulna University from 14 January, 2010 - present
Taxonomic ambiguity of mud crab species and its population structure in the Bay of Bengal inferred from Nuclear and cytoplasmic DNA markers, Conducted at Lab. of Aquatic Natural Products Chemistry, The University of Tokyo, Japan, April 04, 2016
Aquaculture and aquaculture research in Bangladesh, Conducted at Washington State University, USA, September, 25, 2012
Fish Genetic and Biotechnology Course, Conducted at Jashore University of Science and Technology, Bangladesh
Identification of shell fish pathogenic microbes by PCR, Conducted at the Lab. of Marine Biochemistry, The University of Tokyo, Japan, 10, March 11, 2009
- Assistant Director, Khulna University Research Cell, Khulna University since August, 2008 to July, 2013
- Visit the Laboratory of Marine Biochemistry, The University of Tokyo, Japan, February 8 – March 11, 2009
- Visit Washington State University and The University of Idaho, USA, September 22 – 27, 2012
COMPLETED RESEARCH PROJECTS
Project Director of “Detection of entrovirulent Escherichia coli strains by a sensitive and versatile multiplex Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) system in shrimp farms” project under Biotech Agricultural Research Project, USDA, March 2009 – February 2013
Principal Investigator of “Development of Hatchery Techniques for the Mud Crab Scylla serrata with Special Reference to in Captivity” project funded by University Grand Commission, January 2010 – December 2010
Principal Investigator of “Antioxidants from low priced fish: Screening and evaluation” project funded by Ministry of Education, July 2010 – June 2012
Principal Investigator of “Multiplex Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) assay for detection of pathogenic bacteria in aquatic food and environment” project funded by Ministry of Science and Information & Communication Technology, July 2010 – June 2012
Principal Investigator of “Profiling of Different Bioactive Compounds in Water Spinach by High-Performance Liquid Chromatography” project funded by Khulna University Research Cell, July 2012 - June 2013
Principal Investigator of “Molecular diagnosis of pathogenic bacteria and its bioremediation with indigenous probiotics in shrimp farms” project funded by IDRS-BFRI, July 2013 – June 2014
Field coordinator of “Biodiversity assessment through field survey in association with remotely sensed data and GIS in selected coastal areas adjacent to the Sundarbans” project funded by the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ), July 2013 – June 2014
Principal Investigator of “Molecular Characterization of Microalgae and Analysis Its Hydrocarbon as Biofuel Production” project funded by Ministry of Science and Information & Communication Technology, July 2016 – June 2017
Principal Investigator of “Toxicity of pyrethroid pesticide: sublethal effects on biochemical composition and enzyme activities in mrigal Indian major carp (Cirrhinus cirrhosus)” project funded by Khulna University Research Cell, July 2017 - June 2018
Principal Investigator of “Identifying peak breeding season of Mud crab (Scylla olivaceae) and assessing growth performance of hatchery produced crablets” project funded by Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation, May 2018 – February 2020
Principal Investigator of “Estimating peak breeding season, size at first maturity and variation in fecundity and egg-size at different sizes of Hilsa (Tenualosa ilisha)” project funded by Khulna University Research Cell, July 2019 - June 2020
Co-PI of Trace metal availability and effects on benthos community structure in Rupsha-Passur River and its adjoining mangrove areas funded by Khulna University Research Cell (ongoing).
Co-PI of Microplastic effects on phenotypic traits, reproductive performances and biochemical activities in Asian walking catfish Clarias batrachus funded by Khulna University Research Cell (ongoing).
v Training on
“Biotechnology and its Application in Aquaculture and Fisheries Management” Venue: Khulna University, Bangladesh; 21 March 2012 funded by USDA
v Workshop on
“Future of Biotechnology-Based Control of Disease in Shrimp Aquaculture” Venue: BFRI, Bagherhat, Bangladesh; 25 February 2013 funded by USDA
v Seminar on
“Conservation and Promotion of Mud Crab: Study Findings on Sector Growth and Investment Potential in Bangladesh” Venue: Khulna University, Bangladesh; 12 November 2019 funded by Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation SDC
v Roundtable Discussion on
“Prospect and Challenges of Crab Cultivation: A Policy Perspective” Venue: The Daily Star Centre, Dhaka, Bangladesh; 19 February 2020 funded Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation SDC
TRAINER IN TRAINING PROGRAM
1. Mud Crab: Prospects and Challenges of Seeds Production in Bangladesh, Presented at Department of Fisheries, Khulna, 16 April, 2018
2. Pathogenesis and prevalence of Vibrio parahaemolyticus in aquaculture, Training on Best Management Practices (BMP) to control Vibrio sp in Golda Hatchery 28 June 2018
3. Fish Seed: Slowly Shifting from Quantity to Quality, Presented at WorldFish CSS, Khulna 23 November 2016
4. Evaluating growth performance and reproductive potential of rotifer (Brachionus plicatilis) fed on microalgae (Nannochloropsis oculata), Presented at Ocean Day, Khulna University 27 September 2016
5. Mud Crab Breeding in Bangladesh: Prospects and Challenges, Presented at Shuhsilan Munshiganj, Shyamnagar, Satkhira 22 March 2014
6. Fish Diseases: Cause, Symptoms, and Prevention. Presented at Higher Secondary Teachers Training Institute, Khulna 04, May 2014
7. Detection of pathogenic bacteria by using PCR technique in the shrimp farms. Presented at Khulna University, 21 March, 2012
8. Bioactive Compounds in Edible Aquatic Plants: Profiling and Evaluation, Presented at Khulna University, 7 October, 2014
9. Role of biotechnology in sustainable shrimp culture. Presented at Bangladesh Fisheries Research Institute, Bagerhat, 25 February, 2013
10. Genome organization of virus. Presented at Khulna University, 29, December 2013
11. Genetic material: A century debate and reality in relation to productivity increase. Presented at Khulna University, 26, December 2013
SEMINARS, WORKSHOP AND TRAINING PROGRAMS
Training on Remote Sensing and GIS in Water Management, Bangladesh University of Engineering & Technology, Bangladesh, June 6 – 8, 2009
International Symposium on Regulatory and Safety Issues in the Commercialization of Biotechnology Research in the Developing World, Dhaka, Bangladesh, December 2 – 4, 2008
Workshop on Scientific Methodology and Development of Grant Application, Bangladesh Centre for Advanced Studies, Bangladesh, April 9 – 10, 2008
Sarower M.S., Yoshikawa N. and Hiroki A. (2016). Alanine Racemase and d-Amino Acid Oxidase in Aquatic Animals: D-Amino Acids: Physiology, Metabolism, and Application. Edited by Tohru Yoshimura, Toru Nishikawa, Pages 269-282, Springer, Nagoya, Japan
PUBLICATIONS IN JOURNAL
1. Alam M.S. Ray S., Ghosh A.K. Ahmed T., Shams F. and Sarower M.G. (2021) Isolation and Identification of Slime Forming Staphylococcus aureus from Raw Cow Milk and their Antibiotic Susceptibility Pattern. South Asian Journal of Agriculture 8 (1 & 2) 13-19.
2. Parvez M.S., Sarower M.G., Hasan M.M., Debnath S., Aktar S. and Ahsan M.N. (2021) Monitoring of genetic variation in mono-sex tilapia stocks using randomly amplified polymorphic DNA markers in some private hatcheries of Bangladesh. Egyptian Journal of Aquatic Biology & Fisheries, 25(1)1017-1030.
3. Khushi S.S., Sumon M.S. Ahmmed M.K, Zilani M.N.H, Giteru S.G. and Sarower M.G. (2020) Potential probiotic and health fostering effect of host gut-derived Enterococcus faecalis on freshwater prawn, Macrobrachium rosenbergii. Aquaculture and Fisheries (In Press)
4. Mahmud-Al-Hasan, M.; Rana, M.H.; Bhowmick, P.; Hasan, M.M.; Ali, M.Y.; Sarower, M.G. (2020) Effect of environmental stresses on lipid production by tetraselmis sp. and modified extraction methods for lipid recovery in aspect of prospective biofuel production. Pharmacologyonline, 2: 366-376, 30, August, 2020
5. Ali M.Y., Hossain M.B., Sana S., Rouf M.A. Yasmin S. and Sarower M.G. (2020) Identifying peak breeding season and estimating size at first maturity of mud crab (Scylla olivacea) from a coastal region of Bangladesh. Heliyon 6 (6), e04318
6. Ahmmed F., Ahmmed M.K., Khushi S.S., Sumon M.S., Karamcheti S.K. and Sarower M.G. (2020) Host gut-derived probiotic Lactobacillus sp. Improves resistance of giant freshwater prawn Macrobrachium rosenbergii against Vibrio harveyi. Aquaculture International, 28:1709-1724
7. Akhe, F. K.; Khatun, M. M.; Roy, S. K.; Arafat, S. T.; Uddin, S. J.; Hossain, H., Siddiqui, M. N.; Sarower, M. G. (2019) Profiling of bioactive compounds in water cress (Enhydra fluctuans lour) by high performance liquid chromatography. Pharmacologyonline, 1: 65 – 75, 30, April, 2019
8. Zilani M.N.H., Sarower, M. G., Hossain A., Rahman M.M, Uddin S.J., Hossain M.G. (2018) Polymorphisms in cell cycle regulator gene p27kip1 and p16ink4a and lung cancer risk in a Bangladeshi population. Pharmacologyonline, 2: 149 – 160, 30 August, 2018
9. Sumon M.S., Ahmmed F., Khushi S.S., Ahmmed M.K., Rouf M.A., Chisty A.H. and Sarower M.G. (2018) Growth performance, digestive enzyme activity and immune response of Macrobrachium rosenbergii fed with probiotic Clostridium butyricum incorporated diets, Journal of King Saud University – Science, 30: 21-28
10. Sarower M.G. Shahriar S.I.M., Nakamura H. Rouf M.A. and Okada S (2017) Taxonomic confirmation of mud crab species (Genus Scylla) in Bangladesh by nuclear and mitochondrial DNA markers. Mitochondrial DNA. Part A. DNA Mapping, Sequencing, and Analysis 2017, 28 (6): 935-940. 08 September 2016
11. Mostafa, M., Sarower, M.G., AI-Imran, Parvez, M.S. and A.F.M. Hasanuzzaman (2016) Detection and culture feasibility of a soil nematode (Panagrellus redivivus), a potential live feed for prawn larvae in Bangladesh. Bangladesh Journal of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, 4(1&2): 31-37
12. Rouf M.A., Shahriar S.I.M, Sarower M.G., and Ahsan M.N. (2016) Taxonomic Clarification of Mud Crab Species of Genus Scylla (Brachyura: Portunidae) Available in the Coastal Regions of Bangladesh Asian Fisheries Science 29 (2016):124-136, 30 September, 2016
13. Raseduzzaman M., Sayeduzzaman M., Shams F.I., Parvez M.S., Ahmed M.U. and Sarower M.G. (2016) Molecular Approach in Detection of Enterovirulent Escherichia coli Strains from Traditional Shrimp Farms of Bangladesh. American Journal of Life Science Researches, 4(2): 72-78, April 2016
14. Khanom M, Khushi SS, Sarower MG (2016) Evaluation of the Efficacies of Selected Medicinal Plants on Pathogenic Escherichia Coli Strains. International Journal of Research Studies in Biosciences, 4(1): 57 – 64.
15. Adhikari H, Ali M.Y., Shahiduzzaman M., Shams F.I. and Sarower M.G. (2015) Biochemical and PCR Assay for Detection of Pathogenic Bacteria at Shrimp and Shrimp Farms in Bangladesh. Fisheries and Aquaculture Journal, 6(2), 1-10. Special Issue. http://dx.doi.org/10.4172/2150-3508.1000121
16. Sumon MS, Ali MR, Sarower MG (2015) The Effects of Water Quality Additives on Bacterial Load and Production in Thai Climbing Perch (Anabas testudineus Bloch, 1792) Culture Pond. International Journal of Fisheries and Aquatic Studies, 2(6): 235-238
17. Ray S, Ahmed M.I., Khatun, M.M., Sayeed A.B., Shah, M.S., Sarower M.G. (2014) Antioxidant potential and nutrient content of selected small indigenous species of fish. Pharmacologyonline, 2: 39 – 44, August, 2014.
18. Sarower, M.G., Ray, S, Hasan, M.A., Ferdous, S, Ahmed, M.I. and Khatun, M.M.Antioxidant potential and nutrient content in selected fish species of different feeding habits in Bangladesh, American Journal of Pharm Tech Research, 4(4), 387-397, August, 2014.
19. Hossain, S.J., Sultana M.S., Taleb, M.A., Basar, M.H., Sarower, M.G. and Hossain, S.A. (2014) Antioxidant activity of ethanol and lipophilic extracts of common fruity vegetables in Bangladesh. International Journal of Food Properties, 17(9), 2089–2099, 23 June, 2014.
20. Arif, K.M.T., Datta R.K., Sarower, M.G. Hossain, S.J. (2014) Comparison of phenolicand antibacterial activity of commonly used antidiabetic medical plants in Bangladesh. Pharmacologyonline, 1, 7 -15, April, 2014.
21. Raseduzzaman, M., Mahfuj, M. S., Samad, M.A. Rahman, B.M.S., Sarower, M.G., Barman, A.K. (2014). Estimation of Growth and Survival of Comet Gold Fish, Crassius auratus by Using Artificial and Natural Feeds in Closed Glass Fiber Aquaria. American Journal of Zoological Research, 2(2), 33-36
22. Sarower, M.G., Bilkis, S., Rauf, A., Khanam, M. and Islam, S. (2013) Comparative Biochemical Composition of Natural and Fattened Mud Crab Scylla serrata. Journal of Scientific Research, 5(3), 545–553, August, 2013.
23. Ali, M.A., Hossain, S.Z., Rashed, M.A., Khanom, M. and Sarower, M.G. (2013) Protein loss due to post-harvest handling of shrimp (Penaeus monodon) in the value chain of Khulna region of Bangladesh. International Journal of Engineering and Applied Sciences, 3(1), 56-63, April, 2013.
24. Ali, M.A., Shams, F.I., Al-Imaran, Khanom, M. and Sarower, M.G. (2013) Fillet yield, dress-out percentage and phenotypic relationship between different traits of grey mullet (Liza parsia, Hamilton 1822). International Journal of Engineering and Applied Sciences, 4(1) 49-58, July, 2013.
25. Ali, M.A., Hasan, M.M, Sarower, M.G. and Khanom, M. (2013) Sexual variation in fillet yield and phenotypic relationship between some economic traits of bata (Labeo bata, Hamilton, 1822), International Journal of Research In Medical and Health Sciences, 2(3), 13-22, July, 2013.
26. Ali, M.A., Al-Imaran, Shams, F.I., Khanom, M. and Sarower, M.G. (2013) Flesh yield and phenotypic relationship between different economically important traits of mud crab (Scylla serrata, Forskål 1775), International Journal of Research In Social Sciences, 1(2), 34-41, March 2013.
27. Ali, M.A., Al-Imaran, Shams, F.I., Khanom, M. and Sarower, M.G. (2013) Post-harvest quality loss of shrimp (Penaeus monodon) in the value chain of southwestern region (satkhira) in Bangladesh, International Journal of Scientific Knowledge, 3(2), 36-44, June, 2013.
28. Ahmed, M.S., Biswas, B., Roy, D, Raseduzzaman, M., Rahi, M. L. Kanom, M. and Sarower, M.G. (2013) Polymerase chain reaction for rapid check of virulency of Escherichia coli from shrimp farms. International Journal of Engineering and Applied Science, 3(4): 1-7, June, 2013.
29. Sarower, M.G, Hasanuzzaman, H.M. Bhabananda, B. and Abe, H. (2012) Taste Producing Components in Fish and Fisheries Products: A Review. International Journal of Food and Fermentation Technology, 2(2), 113-121, December, 2012.
30. Roy, D., Biswas, B., Islam, H.M.R., Ahmed, M.S., Rasheduzzaman,M, and Sarower, M.G. (2013) Rapid identification of enterovirulent Escherichia coli strains using polymerase chain reaction (PCR) from shrimp farms. Pakistan Journal of Biological Science, 16(21): 1260-1269.
31. Sarower, M.G., Aktar, N., Mostafa, M., Sabbir W. AND Islam, M.S. (2012) Some aspects of captive breeding biology of mud crab, Scylla serrate in Bangladesh. Journal of Innovation & Development Strategy, 6(2), 1-6, Decmber, 2012.
32. Mahfuz, M.S., Hossain, M.A. and Sarower, M.G. (2012) Effect of different feeds on larval development and survival of ornamental koi carp, Cyprinus carpio (Linnaeus, 1758) larvae in laboratory condition. Journal of the Bangladesh Agricultural University, 10(1): 179 – 183, June, 2012.
33. Shaikh, A., Ahmed, M.S., Roy, D., Sultana, Z., Sarower, M.G. (2010) Effect of agricultural pesticide (Cypermethrin) on Labeo rohita. Khulna University Studies, 10 (1&2): 89–98, June – December, 2010.
34. Roy, U., Shaha, B.K. Mazhabuddin, K.H. Haque, F., and Sarower, M.G., (2010) Study on the diversity and seasonal variation of zoo plankton in a brood pond, Bangladesh. Marine Resources and Aquaculture, 1(1) 30-37, January 2010.
35. Alam, M.H., Sarower, M.G., and Rahman, M.A. (2009) Production based costing, an animator for market development of oxbow lake fisheries. Journal of Innovation & Development Strategy, 3 (5): 16-17, September, 2009.
36. Alam M.H., Mahmud M.S. Sarower M.G. and Rahman M.A. (2009) Formulation of optimum harvesting model a key for sustainable development of community based fisheries management in oxbow lakes. International Journal of Sustainable Crop Production, 4(2) 14-18, March, 2009.
37. Alam M.H., Sarower M.G. and Rahman M.A. (2009) Effect of practicing optimum stocking model on fishermen’s access into the large water bodies. Journal of Soil and Nature, 3(2) 28-33, July, 2009.
38. Sarower M.G. Ali M.A., Rahman M.M, Sabbir W. and Rahaman S.M.B. (2009) Fishing and marketing system in some selected areas of Khulna district. Journal of Innovation & Development Strategy, 3(4), 27–35, August, 2009.
39. Ali M.A., Barman S.K.M., Sarower M.G., Rahaman S.M.B. and Shaha B.K. (2009) An investigation on the diversity of fishing gears, catch assessment and the socio-economic status of the fishermen community of Dhunat Upazilla, Bogra. Journal of Innovation & Development Strategy, 3 (4): 19–26, August, 2009.
40. Sarower M.G., Okada S. and Abe H. (2009) Carp D-amino acid oxidase: Structural active site basis of its catalytic mechanisms. ScienceAsia, 35(2), 150–155, June, 2009.
41. Ali M.A., Islam M.R. Barman S.K.M., Rahaman S.M.B. and Sarower M.G. (2009) Level of shrimp farming knowledge of farmers in Bagerhat. Journal of Innovation & Development Strategy, 3 (3): 35–42, May 2009.
42. Mamun M.M., Sarower M.G., Ali M.A., Rahaman S.M.B. and Huq K.A.(2009) Abundance and distribution of plankton in the Sunderbans mangrove forest. Journal of Innovation & Development Strategy, 3 (3): 43–54, May, 2009.
43. Rahaman S.M.B., Rahman M.M., Hasanuzzaman A.F.M., Sabbir W., Islam M.A. and Sarower M.G. (2008) Culture and capture fisheries of beel dakatia, Khulna. Khulna University Studies, 9(2): 303 – 310, December, 2008.
44. Rahaman S.M.B., Ghosh A.K., Rahman S.M.M., Ahmed B., Sabbir W., Islam M.A. and Sarower M.G. (2008) Effect of immediate icing on the quality characteristics of bagda (Penaeus monodon). Khulna University Studies, 9(2): 317 – 324, December, 2008.
45. Rahaman S.M.B, Kumar S., Sayeed M.A.B., Sabbir W., Hasanuzzaman A.F.M., Alam M.I. and Sarower M.G. (2008) Ecological diversity and distribution of aquatic and semi-aquatic weeds in Khulna, Bangladesh. South Asian Journal of Agriculture, 3(1&2):163 – 168, December, 2008.
46. Rahaman S.M.B, Shahriar A.S.M.S., Gosh A.K., Sabbir W., Hasanuzzaman A.F.M., Khanom M. and Sarower M.G. (2008) Riverine giant prawn (Mcrobrachium rosenbergii) culture scenerio in betagi thana of Borguna district. South Asian Journal of Agriculture, 3(1&2):169 – 172, December, 2008.
47. Islam M.S., Rahaman S.M.B., Hasanuzzaman A.F.M., Sarower M.G. Sayeed M.A. and Sabbir W. (2008) Qualitative and quantitative variation in plankton communities between mono and polyculture system in Khulna, Bangladesh. Khulna University Studies, 9(1): 111–116, June, 2008.
48. Wahidatunnessa, Rahaman S.M.B, Sarower M.G. and Ali M.Y. (2007) Organoleptic and biochemical changes of Hilsha (Hilsha tenualosa) stored in ice and at ambient temperature. South Asian Journal of Agriculture, 2(1&2):113 – 116, December, 2007.
49. Abe H., Yoshikawa N., Sarower M. G., Okada S. (2005) Distribution, metabolism, and physiological functions of free D-amino acids in invertebrates. Vitamins (Japan), 79(2).79 – 86, February, 2005.
50. Abe H., Yoshikawa N., Sarower M.G., Okada S (2005). Physiological function and metabolism of free D-alanine in aquatic animals. Biological and Pharmaceutical Bulletin, 28(9):1571–1577, September, 2005.
51. Sarower M.G., Okada S. and Abe H. (2005) Catalytic and structural characteristics of carp hepatopancreas D-amino acid oxidase expressed in Escherichia coli. Comparative Biochemistry and Physiology, 140B (3):417–425, March 2005.
52. Sarower M.G., Matsui T. and Abe H. (2004) Distribution and substrate specificity of D-amino acid and D-aspartate oxidases in marine invertebrates. ScienceAsia, 30(4), 325–330, December, 2004
53. Sarower M.G., Okada S. and Abe H. (2003) Molecular characterization of D-amino acid oxidase from carp Cyprinus carpio and its induction with exogenous free D-alanine.Archives of Biochemistry and Biophysics, 420(1), 121–129, December, 2003.
54. Sarower M.G., Matsui T. and Abe H. (2003) Distribution and characteristics of D-amino acid and D-aspartate oxidases in fish tissues. Journal of Experimental Zoology, 295A (2):151–159, 1 February, 2003.
55. Ahsan M.N., Sarower M.G. Rahman S.M.B, Sayeed M.A. and Islam M.N. (2000) On the environmental friendly improved extensive culture of Penaus monodon. Khulna University Studies, 2(1): 91–96, June, 2000.
PUBLICATION IN PROCEEDINGS
1. Ali, M.Y.; Sarower, M.G.; Banu. G.R and Rouf, M.A. (2019). Improved technique for nursery management of crablets: Important guide lines, A scientific booklet published by CARE-Bangladesh for strengthening the capacity of crab hatchery and local service providers under Shomoshti project, p. 1-12. 2019
2. Sarower, M.G.; Ali, M.Y.; Banu, G.R. and Rouf, M.A. (2019). Advantages of hatcher-produced crablets. In: A scientific brochure published by CARE-Bangladesh for strengthening the capacity of crab hatchery and local service providers under Shomoshti project, p. 3-10. 2019
3. Ali M.Y., Sarower, M.G, Banu, G.R. and Rouf, M.A. (2019). Identifying peak breeding season of of mud crab (Scylla olivacea). estimating size at first maturity from a coastal region of Bangladesh. In: A scientific brochure published by CARE-Bangladesh for strengthening the capacity of crab hatchery and local service providers under Shomoshti project, p. 3-12. 2019
4. Sarower M.G., Rahaman M.S. and Uddin M.N. (2004) Coping strategies and sustainable development for fishermen livelihood in Bangladesh. Proceedings of national workshop on Sustainable Livelihood Approach in Fisheries Education and Research, Khulna University, Khulna, Bangladesh, 95-101.
PAPERS PRESENTED AT CONFERENCES
1. Probiotics in aquaculture: Competitive exclusion of pathogens and immunostimulants against it, Bangladesh safe and sustainable aquatic food project workshop - Embedding One Health to support aquatic food production during Covid-19, Online Event – 22nd & 23rd March 2021
2. Nuclear and cytoplasmic DNA molecular markers reveal fine-scale genetic structure of marine organisms. Presented at the 1st Annual Meeting of Japanese Young Researcher Society, Tokyo, Japan, 2016
3. Functional and structural aspects of carp D-amino acid oxidase. Presented at the 2nd Annual Meeting of D-Amino Acid Research Society, Kyoto, Japan, 2006
4. Genomic organization and three-dimensional structure of carp D-amino acid oxidase. Presented at Trends in Enzymology, Como, Italy, 2006
5. Catalytic and structural properties of carp D-amino acid oxidase. Presented at the 8th International Conference on Research in Coputational Molecular Biology, SanDiego, California, USA, 2004.
6. cDNA cloning and sequencing of D-amino acid oxidase from common carp liver and its expression in E. coli. Presented at 6th International Congress of Comparative Physiology and Biochemistry, Latrobe University, Melbourne, Australia, 2003
7. Molecular cloning and characterization of D-amino acid oxidase from carp. Presented at the Annual Meeting of the Japanese Society of Fisheries Science, Tokyo University of Fisheries, Tokyo, Japan 2003
8. cDNA cloning and sequencing of D-amino acid oxidase from common carp liver and its expression in E. coli. Presented at the International Symposium on Function of Marine Organisms, University of Tokyo, Japan, 2003.
9. cDNA cloning of D-amino acid oxidasde in carp. Presented at the Annual Meeting of the Japanese Society of Fisheries Science, Kinki University, Nara, Japan, 2002.
10. D-amino acid oxidases in fish. Presented at the 70th Anniversary of The Japanese Society of Fisheries Science, International Commemorative Symposium, Yokohama, Japan, 2001.
11. Distribution and properties of D-amino acid oxidase in fish. Presented at the Annual Meeting of the Japanese Society of Fisheries Science, Fukui, Japan, 2000.