Dr. Md. Omar Faruk Rasel
Ph.D. in Material Design Science
Graduate School of Science and Technology
Keio University, Tokyo, Japan
- M. Sc. in Physics (Thesis), Jahangirnagar University, Savar, Dhaka-1342, Bangladesh
- B. Sc. (Hons.) in Physics, Jahangirnagar University, Savar, Dhaka-1342, Bangladesh
Optical Interconnects, Polymer Optical Waveguides, Optical Communication Technology, Silicon Photonics
Nov 2013- Onwards Assistant Professor, Physics Discipline
Khulna University, Khulna-9208, Bangladesh
Aug 2011- Nov 2013 BCS (General Education) Cadre Officer
Place of Posting: Lecturer, Physics, Govt.
Pioneer Girls’ College, Khulna, Bangladesh
Jun 2010 – July 2011 Lecturer, Dept. of Physics
Uttara University, Uttara, Dhaka, Bangladesh
1. O. F. Rasel and T. Ishigure, “Circular core single-mode 3-dimensional crossover polymer waveguides fabricated with the Mosquito method,” Optics Express 27(22), 32465-32479 (2019).
2. O. F. Rasel, A. Yamauchi, and T. Ishigure, “Low-loss 3-dimesional shuffling graded-index polymer optical waveguides for optical printed circuit boards [invited paper],” IEICE Trans. Electron. E101-C (7), 509-517 (2018).
3. M. R. Rahman, M. Paul, M. A. R. Akand, O. F. Rasel, M. Hoq, and M. S. Sikder, “Optimization of surface reflectance for crystalline silicon wafer texturing by Alkaline solution,” Jahangirnagar University Physics Studies 22, (2018).
4. M. M. Tawhid, O. F. Rasel, M. Paul, M. Hoq, and N. Haque, “Fabrication and Characterization of p-type Si-based photovoltaic solar cell,” Bangladesh Journal of Physics 19, 49-56 (2016).
5. J. N. Sikta, M. S. Islam, O. F. Rasel, and N. N. Ripa, “Spectral Spacing Tunability of Single-core Comb Filter,”Jahangirnagar University Journal of Science 37(1), 97-104 (2014).
6. O. F. Rasel, Y. Mawla, M. S. Islam, J. N. Sikta, and N. N. Ripa, “Microprocessor based AC line Voltage Recorder”, IOSR Journal of Applied Physics, 6 (6 (II)), 21-27 (2014).
7. M. L. Hossen, S. M. A. Islam, M. J. Abedin, S. Akter, O. F. Rasel, M. M. Ahasan, R. Khatun, and A. N. Monika, “Elemental profile analysis of some traditional medicinal plants of Bangladesh using PIXE technique,” Journal of Nuclear and Particle Physics 4(5), 137-141 (2014).
8. J. N. Sikta, M. S. Islam, O. F. Rasel, and N. N. Ripa, “Wavelength Spacing Tenable Capability of Optical Comb Filter using Polarization Maintaining Fiber,” IOSR Journal of Applied Physics, 6 (3(III)), 57-62 (2014).
1. O. F. Rasel and T. Ishigure, “3-dimensional channel-shuffling single-mode polymer waveguides: Design and Fabrication,” IEEE CPMT Symposium, Kyoto, Japan, Nov. 20-22, 2018.
2. O. F. Rasel and T. Ishigure, “3-dimensionally crossed polymer optical waveguide with GI circular core using the Mosquito method,” IEEE CPMT Symposium, Kyoto, Japan, Nov. 20-22, 2018.
3. O. F. Rasel and T. Ishigure, “Fabrication for 3-Dimensionally Shuffled Polymer Waveguide with GI Circular Core Using the Mosquito Method,” IEEE Photonics Conference, Florida, USA, Oct. 1 – 5, 2017.