Md. Tareq Bin Salam
Man of Khulna, Bangladesh. Love to see and to be seen dream. Ph.D. research fellow at the University of Yamanashi, Japan where major focus has been given in soil organic pollution and bioremediation. Completed both graduation and post-graduation from Khulna University, Bangladesh under Soil Science Discipline. In 2021, achieved MEXT scholarship under the Japanese government as well as CAS-TWAS (The World Academy of Science)-ANSO young scientist fellowship in the Chinese Academy of Science. Very positive-minded and self-dependent personality. Love to innovate new things. Special interest in Soil Carbon Sequestration, Soil organic and inorganic pollution due to climate change, Soil heavy metals load and natural/bioremediation, and Soil Conservation. Always welcome in the field of research and joint collaboration work.
In the field of research, I have got different exposure, In Soil and Water chemistry, I have experienced working in Wastewater quality analysis for irrigation purposes. In terms of Soil fertility measurement, I have the experience to measure the Soil physiochemical properties that have been affected by long-term cultivation. To conserve soil moisture, another research has been done regarding 'Soil Mulching Material'. To gain further knowledge, I have initiated some works related to Soil Carbon Sequestration that will help to mitigate global climate change by initiating climatic-smart-agriculture. I am able to innovate climatic adaptable rice varieties for saline soil in southwestern Bangladesh in collaboration with Bangladesh Rice Research Institute. Currently, I am working on heavy metals load in soils along with salinity gradient as well as trying to innovate natural bioremediation of heavy metals load in soil. My Ph.D. research project is to work on organic pollutants load in agricultural soils due to pesticides application and innovate bioremediation technology through the application of soil-borne bacteria and fungi.
List of Conference and Training:
1. 1. Attended 1st International Conference on Science and Technology for Celebrating the Birth Centenary of Bangabandhu 2021 as a paper presenter in Bangladesh Council of Scientific and Innovative Research (BCSIR), Dhaka, Bangladesh.
At 2. Attended online webinar on celebrating World Soil Day 2020, arranged by Food and Agricultural Organization of United Nation (FAO).
3. Attended 1st International Conference on Environmental Science and Resource management 2019 as a paper presenter in Mawlana Bhasani Science and Technology. University, Tangail, Bangladesh.
2 4. Attended International conference on Delta Plan 2100 and Sustainable Development in Bangladesh, 2019 as a paper presenter in Krishibid Institute (KBI), Dhaka, Bangladesh.
5. Attended 1st International Conference on Biological and Environmental Research: Recent Development, Challenges and Future prospects (ICBER 2018) as a paper presenter in Jashore University of Science and Technology, Jashore, Bangladesh.
6. Attended 5-days ‘Training workshop on Participatory panning tools for strategic delta planning and management’ arranged by CEGIS and IHE Delft.
7. Attended in 2-day Training on Pedagogy, Module I: Teaching and Learning, 2019, arranged by Center of Excellence in Teaching and Learning, Khulna University.
8. Attended in 2-day Training on Pedagogy, Module II: Teaching and Learning, 2019, arranged by Center of Excellence in Teaching and Learning, Khulna University.
9. Attended more than 10 international training and workshop during corporate tenure (2012-2018) at Nestle Bangladesh Ltd. regarding on professional development and grooming.
1. In 2019, a Joint project has been started with Bangladesh Rice Research Institute (BRRI, Gazipur) entitled ‘Adaptation of New Rice Varieties under Stress Condition’.
2. In 2019, Join work with Uttran (NGO) entitled ‘Agro-ecological and Socio-economical Impact of Tidal River Management in Southwestern Bangladesh.
3. In 2019, Project has been started entitled ‘Tobacco Cultivation Influences on Soils, Crops and Environmental Degradation in Rangpur District, Bangladesh’ funded by Khulna University Research Cell.
Ph.D. fellow (MEXT Scholar) in Environmental and Social System Science, University of Yamanashi, Japan
M.S. in Soil Science from Khulna University, Khulna, Bangladesh
BSc. in Soil Science from Khulna University, Khulna, Bangladesh
Soil organic and inorganic pollution and bioremediation, Soil Conservation
Current Research Project/Collaboration
|SL||Title||Research Role||Awarded Date||Completion Date||Funding Agency|
|No Research Project Available|
Had an exposure to work in Global no.1 nutrition health and wellness multinational companies "Nestle Bangladesh Ltd." for 6 years as Nutrition Executive
|SL||Title||Degree||Role||Start Date||End Date|
|No Supervision Available|
2021: *Salam, M.T.B., Zaman, S.M.S., Hossen, S.M.T. et al. Consecutive 2-year data analysis to assess the soil quality and ecological risk of heavy metals in Tobacco field: a case study in Northern Bangladesh. SN Appl. Sci. 3, 193 (2021). Published by Springer Nature. https://doi.org/10.1007/s42452-021-04152-z.
2021: *Salam, M.T.B., Sultan, M.T., Hossain, M., Rahman, A.M. Effects of Cropping Pattern on Carbon Sequestration and Aggregate Stability of Soil in Long Term Agricultural Fields in Khulna, Bangladesh. Bangladesh Journal of Botany 50(4): 1029-1034 (2021). https://doi.org/10.3329/bjb.v50i4.57069.
2021: *Bin Salam, M. T. ., Zaman, S. S. ., Hossen, S. T. ., & Nur, M. A. Environmental Degradation due to Tobacco Cultivation in Northern Bangladesh. The Dhaka University Journal of Earth and Environmental Sciences, 9(2), 19–26. https://doi.org/10.3329/dujees.v9i2.55086
2021: Mahmud, U., *Salam, M.B., Khan, A.S. et al. Ecological risk of heavy metal in agricultural soil and transfer to rice grains. Discov Mater 1, 10 (2021). Published by Springer Nature. https://doi.org/10.1007/s43939-021-00010-2010-2010-2.
2021: *Bin Salam, M., Amin, A., Afroz, T., & Masud, M. (2021). Environmental and Institutional Impacts of Tidal River Management: A Case Study on Pakhimara Tidal Basin in Southwestern Bangladesh. Caraka Tani: Journal of Sustainable Agriculture, 36(2), 295-307. doi:
2019: *Salam, M.T.B., Karmakar, B., Hossain, T., Robin, M. H., Ferdaus, Z., and Hossain, M. “Agronomic Performance of Modern Irrigated Rice Varieties in compare with BRRI dhan-28 cultivars in South-western Bangladesh. plant science Today;6(4):528-532.. https://doi.org/10.14719/pst.2019.6.4.632.(IF: 0.2; Cite Score: 0.37).
2019: Hossain, M., and *Salam, M.T.B. 2019. “Changes in Soil Physical Properties and fertility Status of Long Term Cultivated Soils in Southwestern Bangladesh”; Malaysian Journal of Soil Science,23:31-41. (Cite Score-0.3).
2019: *Salam, M.T.B., Zaman, S.S.M., Nuralom, Md., and Hossain, M. 2019.Strategic Ground Water Management Planning for Rice field in Rangpur District, Bangladesh. Current World Environment,14(2): 320-325. Doi:http://dx.doi.org/10.12944/CWE.14.2.16. (Thompson-Router, Clarivate Analytics, and Copernicus indexed international Journal).
2019: Khatun, M., Shuvo, A.R., *Salam, M.T.B., and Rahman, S.M.H.2019. Effect of organic amendments on soil salinity and the growth of maize (Zea mays L.). Plant Science Today;6(2):106-111. https://doi.org/10.14719/pst.2019.6.2.491.(IF: 0.2; Cite Score: 0.37)
2014: Salam, M.T.B., *Billah S.M. and Ali, S.Y., 2014. “Effects of shrimp industry-waste water on Maize (Zea mays) cultivation”. Journal of Scientific and Innovative Research; 3(3): 308-314. (Copirnicus indexed International Journal).
2013: Salam, M.T.B and *Billah, S.M. 2013. “Assessment of irrigation water quality as deteriorated by effluent discharged from major shrimp processing industries of Rupsha Upazila, Khulna, Bangladesh”. Khulna University Studies; 11 (1&2)and 12 (1&2): 121-127.
2013: Ahsan, S., Salam, M.T.B. and *Billah, S.M. 2013. “Impact of Shrimp processing industries on the chemical properties of soils of Rupsha Upazila, Khulna, Bangladesh” Khulna University Studies, volume 11 (1&2) and 12 (1&2): 27-32.
How to fit yourself for future demand in studying abroadRunning
- Study Abroad
Preparation for Studying abroad
- Study Abroad