Gouri Shankar Roy
· Master of Architecture (M.Arch.), Department of Architecture, Bangladesh University of Engineering & Technology (BUET), Dhaka, 2010.
· Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch.), Department of Architecture, Bangladesh University of Engineering & Technology (BUET), Dhaka, 1991.
· Thermal Environment and Passive Design in Architecture
· Environmental sustainability
· Urbanization and Housing
Current Research Project/Collaboration
|SL||Title||Research Role||Awarded Date||Completion Date||Funding Agency|
|No Research Project Available|
|SL||Title||Degree||Role||Start Date||End Date|
|No Supervision Available|
Journal Papers :
- Roy, G.S. and Abdullah, A.Q.M., “Assessing Needs and Scopes of Upgrading Urban Squatters in Bangladesh”, BRAC University Journal, vol.-2, no.-1, pp. 33-41, Dhaka, 2005.
- Abdullah, A.Q.M. and Roy, G.S., “Study of Wind Flow around Tall Buildings: Case Study of Wind Flow through High-Rise Apartment’s Central Shaft”, BRAC University Journal, vol.-1, no.-2, pp. 123-129, Dhaka, 2004.
- Roy, G.S., “Wari Residential Area; a lost glory”, EARTH; a tri-annual international journal on architectural issues, ed., Rahman, M., vol-9, issue-1, Dhaka, pp. 243-245, April 1998.
Conference Papers :
- Roy, G.S., “Architecture Education in Khulna University, Bangladesh”, proc., Invited paper at International Seminar on ‘Architecture: Education, Practice and Research”, Organized by Department of Architecture, BUET, in collaboration with Institute of Architects, Bangladesh & Architecture Alumni Association of BUET, Dhaka, February 2-4, 2012.
- Roy, G.S. and Islam, A.K.M.K., “Comparison of Sustainability between Conventional Squatter and Squatter with a Cooperative Society: A case study in Khulna city”, proc., International seminar on ‘Architecture for the Economically Disadvantaged (aed)”, The Department of Architecture, BUET, Dhaka, March 23-24, 2007.
- Ahmed, Z.N. and Roy, G.S., “Ventilation Potential: Examining the Effects of Growing Densification in the Tropics”, Proc. CLIMA7, Finland, 2007.
- Roy, G.S., “Safety Situation in Under-Construction Sites of High-Rise Buildings in Metropolitan Dhaka”, proc., International seminar on ‘Architecture Overcoming Constraints’, The Department of Architecture, BUET, Dhaka, June 11-13, pp. 114-121, 2003.
- Roy, G.S., “Kahn’s Assembly Complex of Dhaka: An Inspiration from Historical Conservation of Paharpur Monastery”, proc., International conference on ‘Heritage Conservation and Architecture of Tourism in SAARC Countries’, organized by The Society of Nepalese Architects (SONA), Kathmandu, Nepal, October 2-4, pp. 69-75, 2002.
- Malik, A.B.M.M. and Roy, G.S., “Divulging New Dimensions From an Old Episode; Group Temple of Shiva at Avoynagar, Jessore”, book of abstract, International seminar on ‘Future of the Past - Architectural Heritage of Dhaka’, The Department of Architecture, BUET, Dhaka, January 13-15, 1996.
- Roy, G.S., “Thermal Environment in Residential Areas of Metropolitan Dhaka: Effects of Densification”, Master’s thesis (unpublished), M. Arch. programme, The Department of Architecture, BUET, Dhaka, 2010.
- Article titled “Leave Space for Light, Air & Plantation Otherwise Pay Tax to the Green City Fund” (part I & II) published in IAB Newsletter, vol-5/14, Mar-Jun 2002 & vol-6/14, Jul-Aug 2002, Dhaka.
- Sarma, B.B., Malik, A.B.M.M., Naqi, M.A., Roy, G.S. and Mridha, A.M.M.H., “Preparation of Climatic Design Manual for Building Design in Bangladesh”, research report, funded by Bangladesh University Grants Commission (UGC), Dhaka, 1996.