Arch. Vision & Mission
Khulna University strives to create a knowledge-based just society through accelerating inclusive and transformative growth of Khulna, Bangladesh and the world. The university aims to achieve this vision through cross-cutting research, scholarly enquiry and development of new knowledge.
- To explore human potential to its fullest extent and produce self-motivated, aspiring leaders to work for the betterment of the humankind.
- To create a transformative educational experience for students focusing on poverty eradication, food and nutritional security, environmental sustainability, socio-economic well-being and climate resilient development through judicious management of natural resources of the country.
- To foster creative learning, entrepreneurship and inquisitiveness among students based on moral values, professional ethics, and social responsibilities.
- To ensure a quality educational experience that enables graduates to make demonstrable economic and social impacts through translating knowledge and innovation into practice.
- To nurture an enabling environment that produces human resource inspired by wisdom, freethinking, creativity and unhindered intellectual exercises.
Khulna University started its academic programme in 1991. Semester system was adopted from its inception. The University has six schools, two centres and a research cell. The University has a Centre of Excellence in Teaching and Learning (CETL), which is one of the six existing CETLs established by UGC in public universities of Bangladesh. The University has also set up its Institutional Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) that works for assuring quality education, research and governance. The university started its journey with four Disciplines under two Schools. Currently, there are six (07) Schools, two (02) Institutes and twenty eight (28) Disciplines under these Schools and Institutes. At present, over 6953 students and 409 faculty members are actively working for quality education. Physical facilities, such as classrooms, libraries, laboratories and field laboratories are provided adequately. The University has medical facilities for primary medical treatment. The University also offers student accommodation in five residential halls, three for male and two for female students. Transportation facility is also provided for students and staff.
Khulna University is the first public university to have acted as a powerful performer in the economic and cultural life of the south-western region of Bangladesh. The academic programmes and services are driven by the needs of the community and economy in a global context so that the graduates can successfully meet the challenges of the changing world. There are a good number of national and international research projects being carried out in the University. Khulna University has established itself as a centre of excellence in the arena of higher education in Bangladesh. The University has a plan to increase the number of disciplines to 32 for accommodating a total of 11,095 students by the academic year of 2018-2019. In year 2016, Institute of Education & Research (IER) starts its academic activity.