Dr. ATM. Jahiruddin
- Social Business
- Women and other marginalized groups at work place
- Social capital and micro businesses
- Poverty and development
- Livelihood initiative of the marginal people
1. PhD, The University of Queensland, Australia
2. MBA, King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals, KSA
3. BBA, Khulna University, Bangladesh
Teaching and Research Positions
1. Professor (Since march 2009)
Business Administration Discipline, Khulna University, Khulna 9208, Bangladesh
2. Associate professor, Assistant Professor and Lecture (March 1997 - March 2009), Business Administration Discipline, Khulna University, Khulna 9208, Bangladesh
3. Visiting Research Fellow, Oxford University, UK
4. Visiting Fellow, University of Göttingen, Germany
1. Dean, Management and Business Administration School (September 2011-September 2013), Khulna University, Khulna 9208, Bangladesh
2. Head, Business Administration Discipline (September 2011-September 2014), Khulna University, Khulna 9208, Bangladesh
3. Assistant Director of Students Affairs (June 2001 - March 2003)
Khulna University, Khulna 9208, Bangladesh
4. Assistant Provost, Khan Jahan Ali Hall (February 1998 - February 2001), Khulna University, Khulna 9208, Bangladesh
Papers published in ranked international conference
1. Haque, R; Jahiruddin, A. & Mishu, F. (2018). Dividend Policy and Share Price Volatility – A Study on Dhaka Stock Exchange. Australian Academy of Accounting and Finance Review (AAAFR).
2. Jahiruddin, A.; Hossain, M. S.; Ahmed, M. (2018): Gender Role Perception in the Society and Attitude Towards Women Managers at Work: A Study on Khulna City, Bangladesh, South Asian Journal of Human Resources Management, (submitted).
3. Jahiruddin, A.; Hossain, M.S.; & Afroze, T. (2016). Attitude towards Women Managers in the Financial Organizations: A Study on Khulna City, Australian Academy of Business and
Economics Review, 2 (2), 158-172.
4. IPO Underpricing in Bangladesh and its determinants: Evidence from Stock Market of Bangladesh, The International Journal of Finance, 24 ( 3), 7339-7360
5. Jahiruddin, A., Short, P., Dressler, W., & Khan, M. A. (2011). Can microcredit worsen poverty? Cases of exacerbated poverty in Bangladesh. Development in Practice, 21(8), 1109-1121.
6. Jahiruddin, A., &Haque, R. (2008). Bank selection criteria of the retail bank customers in Bangladesh: a study on Khulna city. Journal of Business and Management, 15(2), 159-170.
7. Moniruzzaman A.K.M. and Jahiruddin A. & Ranajit, K. B. (2004): “Effectiveness of micro credit in poverty alleviation: a case on BRAC” :The Business Review, 10 (2), 45-50. (Faculty of Commerce and Management Studies, the University of Kashmir, India)
8. Islam, I., Mamun, M.Z. &Jahiruddin, A. (1999): “Success factors of small farm-based plant nursery entrepreneurs in Bangladesh: a case study”: South Asian Journal of Management,6 (3&4), 75-86.
Papers presented in the international conference:
9. Jahiruddin, A., Short, P., Khan M. A., & Afroze, T. (2013). Microcredit and domestic violence – experiences of different groups of women in Bangladesh. Paper presented at Third European Research Conference on Microfinance at Kristiansand, Norway. 10-12 June, 2013.
10. Jahiruddin, A., Short, P., Khan M. A., & Afroze, T. (2013). Microcredit and poverty reduction – does the same shoe fit all?. Paper presented at Third European Research Conference on Microfinance at Kristiansand, Norway. 10-12 June, 2013.
11. Jahiruddin, A., (2010). Can money buy respect – changes of women’s status at the household level after microcredit borrowing. Paper presented at the Postgraduate Conference 2010 at the School of Social Science, University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia. 04 November, 2010 (awarded1st runner up prize).
Papers published in the national and regional (Bangladesh and India) journals
12. Saroar, M. M.; Jahiruddin A.; Islam, M. T. & Hasan, M.(2011). Cash in trash: an overview of waste recycling industry in Khulna city. Business Review, 7(1&2).
13. Jahiruddin, A.; Saroar, M. M. &Kumar, B. R. (2008): “Can they really be called business? – a study on informal food business in Khulna city”, Business Review, 5(2), 95-106.
14. Kumar, B. R. &Jahiruddin, A. (2008): “Effectiveness of rural livelihood project in reducing poverty”- a case study on Bangladesh”, Business Review, 5 (1), 49-63
15. Jahiruddin, A.; Rahman, S.M.T & Alam, N. (2007): “Consumers’ perception about the domestic and foreign made home appliances – a case study on Khulna city”, SEU Journal of Business Studies, 3 (1), 161-170.
16. Jahiruddin, A. ;Nabi, M. N. &Hasan, S.M. (2005): “Managers’ motivation in the public and private sectors in Bangladesh – a study on need based approach”, Business Review, 4 (1 & 2), 55-62
17. Jahiruddin, A. ; Hasan, S.M.; Nabi, M. N. &Haque, R. (2005): “Is domestic tourism in saudiarabia going to be a success? – a study on the Eastern province”, Plan Plus, 3 (1), 57-69.
18. JahiruddinA. ;Hasan S. M. &Alam N. (2003): “Readiness of Saudi Arabian SMEs for global competition: a study on the Eastern Province” : The Khulna University Studies, 5 (1), 55-65.
19. Jahiruddin, A. & Nabi, N., (2000):“Practice of employees performance appraisal in the private industries in Khulna region – an empirical study”: The Khulna University Studies,3, (1),213-226.
20. Ahmed, F., Jahiruddin, A. & Rashid, M. (1999): “Impact of BSCIC loan on the living standard of lower income group – a case study on self employment program (SEP)”: Business Review, 2 (2), 34-40.
21. Jahiruddin, A.; Afroze; & Khan, S. M. (2015). Choice of investment sectors and its effects on income change of different groups of poor – a study on microcredit borrowers in Bangladesh. Paper presented at The first conference of the Bangladesh Academy of Business Administration at Dhaka University, Bangladesh (12-15 January, 2015).
22. Jahiruddin, A.; Khan, S. M. &Rahman, S.M.T. (2015). Service needs and problems of Bank customers in rural areas– a study on FakirhatUpazila in Bangladesh. Paper presented at The first conference of the Bangladesh Academy of Business Administration at Dhaka University, Bangladesh (12-15 January, 2015).
23. Jahiruddin, A.; Khan, S.M.; &Haque, R. (2013). Effectiveness of teaching English at primary level in different education systems – a study in Khulna city. Paper presented at International Conference on Academic Enhancement at Urban and Rural Planning Discipline, Khulna University, Khulna, Bangladesh. 25 May, 2013.