Debasish Kumar Das
Energy Economics | Applied Econometrics | Macroeconomics | Environment and Climate Change Economics
- Master of Advanced Economics (University of Queensland, Australia)
- MSc. in Economic Growth and Development, (The University of Warwick, UK and Lund University, Sweden)
- MSc. in Economics, (University of Bonn, Germany)
- BSS in Economics, (Khulna University, Bangladesh)
- ( Nov, 2015– till date) Assistant Professor, Economics Discipline, Khulna University, Khulna, Bangladesh.
- (Nov, 2013– Nov, 2015) Lecturer, Economics Discipline, Khulna University, Khulna, Bangladesh.
- (Sept, 2013– Nov, 2013) Senior Research Associate, Institute of Inclusive Finance and Development (InM), Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- (Oct, 2012– Jan, 2013) Research Intern, Oxford Poverty and Human Development Initiative (OPHI), The University of Oxford, United Kingdom.
- (Dec, 2009– Mar, 2010) Research Student Assistant, Laboratory for Experimental Economics (BonnEconLab), University of Bonn, Germany.
- Das, D.K., Islam, M.S., Hadiujjaman, S. et al. (2019). Health cost of salinity contamination in drinking water: evidence from Bangladesh, Environmental Economics and Policy Studies, 21(3): 371-397. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/s10018-018-0234-9
- Dutta, C.B. and Das, D.K. (2017). What drives consumers’ online information search behavior? Evidence from England, Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Vol. 35, pp36-45, DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jretconser.2016.10.015
- Dutta, C.B., Haider, M.Z. and Das, D.K. (2017). Investment, Trade Openness and Economic Growth: Evidence from Bangladesh, South Asian Journal of Macroeconomics and Public Finance, Vol 6, pp82-104, DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.1177/2277978717695150
- Dutta, C.B. and Das, D.K. (2016). Does disaggregated CO2 emission matter for growth? Evidence from thirty countries, Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Vol. 66, pp825-833, DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.rser.2016.08.034
- Das, D.K. (2016). Determinants of current account imbalance in the global economy: a dynamic panel analysis, Journal of Economic Structures, Vol. 5(8), Springer, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1186/s40008-016-0039-6
- Das, D.K., Biswas, R. and Islam, S., (2014) Mobile Money Transfer and Economic Development in the
South-Western Region of Bangladesh, Journal of Rural Development, Vol. 39, No. 2.
- Das, D.K., and Dutta, C.B., (2013) Global Financial Crisis and Foreign Development Assistance Shocks in
Least Developing Countries, Journal of Economic Development, Vol. 38, No. 2.