MSS in Economics, Khulna University
BSS (Hons.) in Economics, Khulna University
Current Research Project/Collaboration
|SL||Title||Research Role||Awarded Date||Completion Date||Funding Agency|
|No Research Project Available|
Lecturer: November 11, 2013 - November 10, 2015 (Two years).
Assistant Professor: November 11, 2015 - present
Co-Principle Investigator - 02
Research Assistant - 01
Assistant Consultant - 02
Advisor - 02
|SL||Title||Degree||Role||Start Date||End Date|
|No Supervision Available|
17. Keramat, S.A., Alam, K., Ahinkorah, B.O., Islam, M.S., Islam, M.I. Hossain, M.Z., Ahmed, S. Gow, J., Biddle, S.J.H. (2021) Obesity, Disability and Self-Perceived Health Outcomes in Australian Adults: A Longitudinal Analysis Using 14 Annual Waves of the HILDA Cohort, ClinicoEconomics and Outcomes Research 13(1), 1-12. Dovepress.
16. Das, D.K., Islam, M.S., Dutta, C.B., Hassan, M.M. & Hossen, S.S. (2021). Is there any demand for improved cooking stoves? Evidence from Bangladesh, Journal of Environmental Management, 298 (113412), Elsevier.
15. Ahsan, M. N., Hadiujjaman, S., Islam, M. S., Nasrin, N., Akter, M., Parvin, G. A., & Hossain, M. S. (2021). Willingness to pay for improved safe drinking water in a coastal urban area in Bangladesh. Water Policy. IWA Publishing.
14. Islam, M.S., Tumpa, S. Afrin, S., Ahsan, M.N., Haider, M.Z., Das, D.K. (2021) From over to optimal irrigation in paddy production: what determines over-irrigation in Bangladesh?, Sustainable Water Resources Management, 7(3), pp. 1-15, Springer.
13. Islam, M.S., Ferdousy, S. Afrin, S., Ahsan, M.N., Haider, M.Z., Das, D.K. (2020) How does farmers’ field schooling impact eco-efficiency? Empirical evidence from paddy farmers in Bangladesh, China Agricultural Economic Review, 12(3), pp. 527-552, Emerald.
12. Morshed, M.M., Islam, M.S., Lohano, H.D. and Shyamsundar, P. (2020) Production externalities of shrimp aquaculture on paddy farming in coastal Bangladesh (in press), Agricultural Water Management, 238 (August) pp. 106213, Elsevier.
11. Islam, M.S., Hossain, R., Morshed, M.M. and Afrin, S. (2020) The value of environmental (dis)amenities in the urban housing market: Evidence from Khulna, Bangladesh, Journal of Urban Management, 9(2), pp. 180-190, Elsevier.
9. Ahsan, M.N. Khatun, A., Islam, M.S. Vink, K., Oohara, M. and Fakhrudding, BSHM (2020) Preferences for improved early warning services among Coastal Communities At risk in Cyclone Prone South-west Region of Bangladesh, Progress in Disaster Science, 5(1), Elsevier.
8. Islam, M.S., Afrin, S., Ahsan, M.N., Haider, M.Z., Mamun, T.M., Das, D.K. (2019) Households’ willingness to pay for disaster resilient safe drinking water sources in South-western coastal Bangladesh. International Journal of Disaster Risk Science. 10(1), pp. 544-556, Springer.
7. Das, D.K., Islam, M.S., Hadiujjaman, S., Dutta, C. and Morshed, M. (2019). Health Cost of Salinity Contamination in Drinking Water: Evidence from Bangladesh, Environmental Economics and Policy Studies, 21(3) p.371-397, Springer.
6. Islam, M.S. and Haider, M.H. (2018). Poverty and Technical Efficiency in Presence of Heterogeneity in Household Behaviours: Evidence from Bangladesh. International Journal of Social Economics. 45(11), pp.1490-1514, Emerald.
4. Afrin, S., Haider, M.Z. and Islam, M.S. (2017). Optimal Use of Pesticide for Paddy Production in the South-west Region of Bangladesh, Journal of Environmental Economics and Policy. 6(4), pp. 433-457, Taylor and Francis.
2. Das, C., Ahmed, S.N. and Islam, M.S. (2017). Welfare Gain through Controlling Emission from the Cement Manufacturing Factories in the South-western Bangladesh. Management of Environmental Quality: An International Journal. 28(5), pp.703-722, Emerald.
1. Das, D.K., Biswas, R. and Islam, M.S. (2014). Mobile phone, Money Transfer and Rural Economic Development in the South western Region of Bangladesh. Journal of Rural Development.