Md. Sariful Islam
MSS in Economics, Khulna University
BSS (Hons.) in Economics, Khulna University
Lecturer: November 11, 2013 - November 10, 2015 (Two years).
Assistant Professor: November 11, 2015 - till now
Co-Principle Investigator - 02
Research Assistant - 01
Assistant Consultant - 02
11. Islam, M.S., Hossain, R., Morshed, M.M. and Afrin, S. (2020) The value of environmental (dis)amenities in the urban housing market: Evidence from Khulna, Bangladesh, Journal of Urban Management, Link: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jum.2020.02.001nce from Khulna, Bangladesh, Journal of Urban Management, Link: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jum.2020.02.001
10. Islam, M.S., Afrin, S. Das, D.K. and Ahsan, M.N. (2020) The strategic interplay in academia: administrators versus students, Journal of Modelling in Management (Accepted)
9. Ahsan, M.N. Khatun, A., Islam, M.S. Vink, K., Oohara, M. and Fakhrudding, BSHM (2020) Preferences for improved early warning services among Coastal Communities At risk in Cyclone Prone South-west Region of Bangladesh, Progress in Disaster Science, 5(1). Link: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.pdisas.2020.100065
8. Islam, M.S., Afrin, S., Ahsan, M.N., Haider, M.Z., Mamun, T.M., Das, D.K. (2019) Households’ willingness to pay for disaster resilient safe drinking water sources in South-western coastal Bangladesh. International Journal of Disaster Risk Science. 10(1), pp. 544-556. Link: https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s13753-019-00229-x
7. Das, D.K., Islam, M.S., Hadiujjaman, S., Dutta, C. and Morshed, M. (2019). Health Cost of Salinity Contamination in Drinking Water: Evidence from Bangladesh, Environmental Economics and Policy Studies, 21(3) p.371-397.
6. Islam, M.S. and Haider, M.H. (2018). Poverty and Technical Efficiency in Presence of Heterogeneity in Household Behaviours: Evidence from Bangladesh. International Journal of Social Economics. 45(11), pp.1490-1514.
5. Haider, M.Z., Hossain, T., Siddiqui, O.I. and Islam, M.S. (2018). Economic Valuation of the Tourist Spots in Bangladesh. International Journal of Tourism Policy. 8(11), pp.42-64.
4. Afrin, S., Haider, M.Z. and Islam, M.S. (2017). Optimal Use of Pesticide for Paddy Production in the South-west Region of Bangladesh, Journal of Environmental Economics and Policy. 6(4), pp. 433-457.
3. Afrin, S., Haider, M.Z. and Islam, M.S. (2017). Impact of Financial Inclusion on Technical Efficiency of Paddy Farmers in Bangladesh, Agricultural Finance Review. 77(4). pp.484-505.
2. Das, C., Ahmed, S.N. and Islam, M.S. (2017). Welfare Gain through Controlling Emission from the Cement Manufacturing Factories in the South-western Bangladesh. Management of Environmental Quality: An International Journal. 28(5), pp.703-722. Link: https://www.emerald.com/insight/content/doi/10.1108/MEQ-04-2016-0032/full/html
1. Das, D.K., Biswas, R. and Islam, M.S. (2014). Mobile phone, Money Transfer and Rural Economic Development in the South western Region of Bangladesh. Journal of Rural Development.