Dr. Abdur Rahman Shahin
PhD in Modern Novel (Islamic University, Bangladesh), MA in English (Islamic University, Bangladesh), BA (Hons.) in English (Islamic University, Bangladesh)
Modern Fiction, Postcolonial Studies, Environmental Criticism, Postmodernism, Cultural Studies, Disability Studies, Sociolinguistics
1. Professor at Khulna University (From 12 November 2018 to date)
2. Associate Professor at Khulna University (From 31 January 2013 to 11November 2018)
3. Assistant Professor at Khulna University (From 31 January 2008 to 30 January 2013)
4. Lecturer at Khulna University (From 31 January 2006 to 30 January 2008)
Shahin, Abdur Rahman. “Pseudo-Cinephile’s Cinematography and the Turkish Dilemma: Reading Orhan Pamuk’s The Museum of Innocence.” Praxis: Journal of the Department of English, Rajshahi University, vol. 8, 2016, pp. 85-94.
Shahin, Abdur Rahman. “The Author’s Intervention in Translations: A Case Study on Pamuk’s Novels.” Translation Studies: Exploring Identities. edited by Fakrul Alam and Ahmed Ahsanuzzaman. writers.ink, 2015, pp. 83-93.
Shahin, Abdur Rahman. “Translating the In-translatable: Assessing the Dangers of Cultural Heresy in Orhan Pamuk’s My Name is Red.” HARVEST: Jahangirnagar University Studies in Language and Literature, vol. 29, 2013-2014, pp. 89-98.
Shahin, Abdur Rahman. “Construction of a Personal Museum in Orhan Pamuk’s The Museum of Innocence: Nobility or Fetishist?” City University Journal, vol. 1, no. 1, 2015, pp. 145-154.
Shahin, Abdur Rahman, Molla Azizur Rahman, and Muhd. Mustafizur Rahman. “The Conspiracy Theory of Doctor Fine in Orhan Pamuk’s The New Life: A Satire on Turkish Sensibility.” Outlooks: VUB Studies in Language, Literature and Culture, vol. 2, no. 2, 2014, pp. 207-215.
Eng 1103 History of English Literature
1. Literature of the Romantic Revival
2. Victorian Literature
3. Modern Literature
4. Postmodern LiteratureRunning
Eng 2105 Literary Criticism
1. William Wordsworth: "Preface to Lyrical Ballads"
2. S. T. coleridge: Biographia Literaria
3. Mathew Arnold: "The Function of Criticism at the Present Time"Running
Eng 5112 Sessional on Adaptation
Sessional on Adaptation
Eng L 5107 Language Through Literature
1. Relationship between literature and language
2. Approaches to the study of literature: style and stylistics, literary criticism, literary theory, literary language and daily language, the role of metalanguage, deviation
3. Linguistic description of literary texts: analysis at word, phrase, clause, sentence and discourse levels
4. Developing language skills through short stories and novelsRunning