Md. Rashedul Islam
Master of Environmental Studies (2015) – Tokyo University, Japan
MS in Fisheries and Marine Resource Technology – Khulna University, Bangladesh
B.Sc. in Fisheries – Khulna University, Bangladesh
Coastal and Marine Environment, Sustainability Science
Associate Professor (04 June 2017 to till date), Fisheries and Marine Resource Technology Discipline, Khulna University, Bangladesh.
Assistant Professor (03 November 2011 to 03 June 2017), Fisheries and Marine Resource Technology Discipline, Khulna University, Bangladesh.
Lecturer (02 November 2009 to 27 December 2010), Fisheries and Marine Resource Technology Discipline, Khulna University, Bangladesh
1. Islam, M. A., Mauya, Z., Rafiquzzaman, S. M., Islam, M. R. and Liao, M. L., 2019. First Report of the Red Algal Genus Chondria C. Agardh (Rhodomelaceae, Rhodophyta) for the Marine Flora of Bangladesh. Diversity 2019, 11, 95; doi: 10.3390/d11060095
2. Islam, M.R. and Tabeta, S., 2019. Shrimp vs prawn-rice farming in Bangladesh: A comparative impacts study on local environments and livelihoods. Ocean & Coastal Management, 168, pp.167-176.
3. Islam, M. R., and Tabeta, S., 2016. Impacts of Shrimp Farming on Local Environments and Livelihoods in Bangladesh. International Journal of Environmental Science, 1, 48-51.
4. Islam, M. R., Rahman, M. M., Rahman, M. Z. and Hasan, M. J., 2013. Development of Nursery technology of freshwater prawn. Khulna University studies, 11 (1&2) and 12 (1&2): 11-20
5. Bir, J., Islam, M. R., Shah, M. S., Islam, S. S. and Sabbir, W., 2013. Fecundity, gonado somatic index, conditioning factors, food and feeding habit and length-weight relationship of Gold Spot Mullet, Liza parsia. Khulna University studies, 11 (1&2) and 12 (1&2): 67-75.
6. Islam, S. S., Shah, M. S., Rahi, M. L., Biswas, P., Islam, M. R. and Bir, J., 2013. Taxonomy and some aspects of Biology of Puntius sarana and Puntius gonionotus. Khulna University studies, 11 (1&2) and 12 (1&2): 77-86.
7. Ghosh, A. K., Saha, S. K., Islam, M. R and Rahaman, S. M. B., 2011. Abundance and diversity of Zooplankton in semi-intensive shrimp farm. International Journal of Life Science, Nepal. 5(1): 1-11.
8. Sabbir, W., Nusrat, M. N., Shaha, B. K., Ghosh, A. K., Islam, M. R., and Mahmud, S.M.A., 2011. Present status of fish fry production and trade at Chachr in jessore, Bangladesh. Khulna University studies, 10 (1&2): 153-160.
9. Siddique, M. N., Hasan, M. J.,Rahman, M. Z., Islam, M. R., Boduruzaman, M., Reza, M. F., and Ray, S., 2011.Effect of freezing time on nutritional value of Jatpunti (Puntius sophore), Sarpunti (P. sarana) and Thai sarpunti (P. gonionotus). Bangladesh Res. Pub. J. 5(4):387-392.
10. Sabbir,W., Masud, M. A., Islam, S. S., Rahman, M. A., Islam, M. R., and Rahi, M.L., 2010. Some aspects of water quality parameters of Mouri river, Khulna: an attempt to estimate pollution. Bangladesh Res. Pub. J. 4(1):95-102
11. Shah, M. S., Islam, M. R. and Rahman, M. M., 2008. Value chain analysis of production and marketing of freshwater prawn, in Khulna areas of Bangladesh. SAARC Jn. of Agri., 6(1):99-115.
12. Islam, M. R. and Shah, M. S., 2007. Positive heterosis in F1 hybrid of rohu (Labeo rohita) strains from Jamuna River and a local hatchery from Jessore, Bangladesh. Bangladesh J. Zool., 35(1): 131-139.
Krishibid (Agriculturist) Institute of Bangladesh (KBI) ------- Full Member
Botanical Society of Bangladesh -------- Full Member
Organization: Department of Student Affairs, Khulna University, Bangladesh.
Duration: February 01, 2012 to September 30, 2013