- Master of Science in Fish Genetics and Biotechnology (Khulna University, Bangladesh)
- Bachelor of Science in Fisheries (Honours) (Khulna University, Bangladesh)
Aquatic health management, Host pathogen interaction, Microbiology, Safety and quality assessment of aquaculture products
Khulna University, Khulna-9208, Bangladesh.
May 2014 – Present
Khulna University, Khulna-9208, Bangladesh.
May 2012 – May 2014
Peer Reviewed Journal
· Kabiraj, M., Khandoker, S.,Banu, G. R. and Sultana, S., 2019. Trouble some issues in Shrimp farming sector of greater Khulna region, Bangladesh. The Chittagong University Journal of Biological Science, 9(1&2): 141-152
· Hossen, M. R., Sultana, S. and Kabiraj, M., 2018. Effect of commercial inorganic fertilizer on abundance of plankton in pond polyculture system. Khulna University Studies, 15 (1): 49-59.
· Sultana, S., Shah, M. S., Ghosh, A. K. and Bir, J., 2016. Taxonomic study on the supposed hybrids of Indian major carps and Chinese carps in the local markets of greater Khulna, Jessore and Satkhira district, Bangladesh. Khulna University Studies, 13(1): 55-64
· Kabiraj, M., Das, P. K., Sultana, S. and, Banu, G. R., 2020. Antagonistic effect of Lactobacillus spp. on experimentally Vibrio spp. infected Penaeus monodon. Asian Journal of Medical and Biological Research. 6 (2): 311-315. DOI: 10.3329/ajmbr.v6i2.48077
· Mona, S.N., Sultana, S., Ahmed, K.K., Khan, N., Huq, K.A. and Mojumder, P., 2019. Intensification of “Mola” (Amblypharyngodon mola) culture in homestead ponds. International Journal of Agricultural Research, Innovation and Technology, 9(2): 23-29. DOI: https://doi.org/10.3329/ijarit.v9i2.45406
· Biswas, P. C., Sultana, S., Kabiraj, M. and Hossain, S. M. S., 2019. Role of probiotics in aquaculture practice of Satkhira region of Bangladesh. International Journal of Fisheries and Aquatic Studies. 7(5): 174-181.
· Rahman, M.M., Sultana, S., Kabiraj, M. and Das, M., 2018. Role of micro and macronutrients enrich fertilizers on the growth performance of prawn (Macrobrachium rosenbergii), rohu (Labeo rohita) and mola (Amblypharyngodon mola) in a polyculture system. International Journal of Agricultural Research, Innovation and Technology. 8(2): 47-53. DOI: https://doi.org/10.3329/ijarit.v8i2.40555
· Rahman, M. F., Sultana, S., Kabiraj, M.and Alimullah, M., 2018. Effect of nutrients enriched feed premix on the growth performance of major carps Rohu, Catla and Mrigal in a polyculture system. Asian Journal of Medical and Biological Research, 4 (3), 298-306; DOI: 10.3329/ajmbr.v4i3.38469
· Hossain, S. M. S., Sultana, S., Kabiraj, M. and Dey, S. R., 2018. Recent scenario of application of aqua drugs and chemicals in fish and shell fish health management in southwestern region of Bangladesh. International Journal of Fisheries and Aquatic Studies. 6(4): 203-210.
· Bir, J., Howlader, P., Ray, S., Sultana, S., Khalil, S. M. I. and Banu, G. R. 2017. A critical review on White Spot Syndrome Virus (WSSV): A potential threat to shrimp farming in Bangladesh and some Asian countries. International Journal of Microbiology and Mycology. 6(1): 39-48.
· Howlader, P., Rahman, S. B., Bir, J., Sultana, S. and Banu, G.R. 2017. Mechanical prevention of virulent Vibrio cholerae bacteria in some commercially dried fishes through cumin seed (Nigella sativa) extracts. International Journal of Fisheries and Aquatic Studies. 5(4): 122-128
· Sultana, S., Nahar, K., Bir, J., Kabiraj, M. and Khan, M. N., 2017. A quick view on biology of near threatened peacock eel (Macrognathus aculeatus) in Khulna region of Bangladesh. American Journal of Zoological Research, 5(2): 38-46. DOI:10.12691/ajzr-5-2-4
· Sabbir, W., Khan, M. N., Sultana, S., Rahi M. L. and Shah, M. S., 2017. Production of heterotic hybrid in Rohu (Labeo rohita) by crossing the riverine and hatchery strains. International Journal of Innovation Sciences and Research. 6 (2): 982-986.
· Khan, M. N., Sultana, S., Sabbir, W., Das, M. and Saikat, K. M. S. A., 2016. Biological aspects of Guchi baim (Mastacembelus pancalus) in Khulna region of Bangladesh. International Journal of Business, Social and Scientific Research, 5(1): 54-59
· Gain, D., Sarower-E- Mahfuj, M., Sultana, S. and Mistri, N. A., 2015. A preliminary study on fish fauna of the Passur river in Bangladesh. International Journal of Biodiversity and Conservation, 7(7): 346-353. DOI: 10.5897/IJBC2015.0841
· Sultana, S., Shah, M. S., Islam, S. S., Ghosh, A. K., 2013. Taxonomy and other biological aspects of Rhinomugil corsula (Hamilton). International Journal of Research in Biological Sciences. 3(3): 123-131
· Co-Principal Investigator of project entitled "Intensification of “mola” culture in homestead ponds" funded by BFRF & World Fish, June 2016 to December 2016.
· Principal Investigator of project entitled "Role of fertilizer in prawn-carp-mola polyculture in homestead pond " funded by Khulna University Research Cell, June 2017 to December 2017
· Principal Investigator of project entitled "Role of probiotic in finfish culture in farmers pond " funded by Khulna University Research Cell, July 2019 to December 2020.