Vision & Mission
1. Program name: Bachelor of Science in Fisheries (Honours)
Generating pioneer scholars through quality education and research endowed with need oriented knowledge and skills which enable them to take challenges for sustainable fisheries and marine resource development nationally and internationally.
To prepare graduates who will be competent to develop scholarly understanding, skill and critical thoughts in all aspects of aquatic resources from fresh to marine environments which bless the location of Khulna University.
4. Program objectives:
The specific objectives of the program are:
· To provide quality education and to maintain the highest academic standard in line with the international standard of education;
· To generate skilled manpower in order to exploit, utilize and conserve available aquatic resources for sustainable development of the region as well as the whole country;
· To undertake fundamental and applied research in order to endow developed knowledge and experience to students about the fisheries and marine sectors;
· To produce capable manpower to contribute for fulfilling the global demands by equitable participation; and
· To impart technology based and need oriented higher education befitting the age.
5. Learning outcomes:
At the end of the program students will be able to:
1. apply acquired knowledge and understanding in various aspects of fisheries and marine resources;
2. explore different issues and find out probable strategies to manage and produce fisheries and marine resources mostly independently with limited supervision;
3. tackle any situation independently getting information from various secondary sources;
4. expose innovative ideas, credentials and intellectuals in all levels of responsibilities;