Dr. Md. Rabiul Alam
BSc (Hons.) in Forestry, MS in Forestry, PhD (Mangrove Ecology, Plant Genetics) Khulna University, Khulna 9208, Bangladesh
Mangrove Eco-physiology, Forest Genetics
Mangrove Ecology, Eco-physiology, Plant genetics
1. Zihad SMNK, Gupt Y, Uddin SJ, Islam MT, Alam MR, Aziz S, Hossain M, Shilpi JA, Nahar L and Sarker SD. Nutritional value, micronutrient and antioxidant capacity of some green leafy vegetables commonly used by southern coastal people of Bangladesh. Heliyon 5 (2019) e02768, ELSEVIER Publisher.
2. Alam, MR; Hossain, M; T. Biswas, and Rahman, MM, 2019. Physiologically adaptive plasticity in nutrient resorption efficiency of Avicennia officinalis L. under fluctuating saline environments in the Sundarbans of Bangladesh. Springer Nature publisher. Hydrobiologia, Springer Nature Publisher, DOI: 10.1007/s10750-018-3795-5.
3. Alam, MR; Hossain, M. and Rahman, MM, 2018. Maternal origins induced plasticity in salt adaptability of Avicennia officinalis L. seedlings in the Sundarbans of Bangladesh. Hydrobiologia, Springer Nature publisher. Hydrobiologia, 820:227–244. DOI: org/10.1007/s10750-018-3659-z.
4. Alam, MR; Hossain, M; Rahman, MM, and Khushi, LR, 2018. Adaptive phenotypic plasticity of Avicennia officinalis L. across the salinity gradient in the Sundarbans of Bangladesh. Springer Nature publisher. Hydrobiologia. 808:163–174. DOI: 10.1007/s10750-017-3420-z
5. Nasrin, S., Hossain, M. and Alam, MR, 2017. A monograph on Sonneratia apetala Buch-Ham. LAMBERT academic publishing Germany.
6. Alam, MR; Hossain, M; Rahman, MM, Nasrin, S; Biswas, T; and Khushi, LR, 2017. Ecological status and Environmental protective role of Avicennia officinalis L. in the vulnerable coastal regions of Bangladesh: An overview. The Indian Forester, 143(9):737-744.
7. Alam, MR; Islam, MA, Feroz, SM; Nasrin, S; Biswas, T, Rahman, KS; and Khushi, LR, 2016. Drying schedule and effect of seasoning on physical and mechanical properties of three available timber species in Bangladesh, Global Journal of Botanical Science, 4, 59-66.
8. Nasrin, S; Hossain, M; Abdullah, SMR; Alam, MR; Saha, S; and Siddique, MRH, 2016. Salinity influence on survival, growth and nutrient distribution in different parts of Millettia pinnata L. seedlings, Journal Agriculture and Forestry, 62(4): 161-173.
9. Nasrin, S; Hossain, M; Alam, MR; Abdullah, SMR; Saha, S; and Siddique, MRH, 2016. Germination traits of Millettia pinnata L. in response to salinity. Global Journal of Botanical Science, 4, 46 – 51.
10. Foroz, SM; Alam, MR; Das, P; and Mamun, A, 2014. Community ecology and spatial distribution of trees in a tropical wet evergreen forest in kaptai national park of Chittagong Hill Tracts, Bangladesh. Journal of Forestry Researh, 25 (2), 311-318, (DOI) 10.1007/s 11676 – 013 – 0423 – 0.
11. Rahman, KS; Shaikh, AA; Rahman, MM; Nazmul, ADM; and Alam, MR, 2013. The Potential for Using Stem and Branch of Bhadi (Lannea coromandelica) As a Lignocellulosic Raw Material for Particleboard. International Research Journal of Biological Sciences, International Science Congress Association, India. Vol. 2 (4), 8 - 12.
12. Nazmul, ADM; Islam, MN; Rahman,KS; and Alam, MR, 2012. Comparative study on Physical and Mechanical Properties ofplywood produced from Eucalyptus (Eucalyptus camaldulensis Dehn.) and simul (Bombax ceiba L.) veneers. Research Journal of Recent Sciences, International Science Congress Association, India. Vol. 1 (9), 54 – 58.
13. Alam, MR; Islam, MA; and Shahria, MH, 2012. Physical and Mechanical properties of particle boards made from Albizia saman and Trewia nudiflora in Bangladesh. South Asian Journal of Agriculture, Agrotechnology Discipline, Khulna University. Vol. 5 (1&2), 87-90.
14. Islam, MA; Alam, MR; and Hannan, MO, 2011. Multiresponse optimization based on statistical response surface methodology and desirability function for the production of particle board. Composite part B (Elsevier) 43 (2012), 861 – 868.14.
15. Hoque, AKF; Alam, MR; Kabir, ME; and Islam, MS, 1999. Effect of salinity on the germination of Sonneratia apetala Buch. – Ham. Bangladesh Journal of Forest Science, BFRI, Chittagong. Vol. 28 (1), 32 – 37.