Md. Sharif Hasan Limon
M.Sc. in European Forestry, University of Eastern Finland, Finland & University of Freiburg, GermanyM.Sc. in Forestry, Khulna University, Bangladesh
Forest Ecology,Mangrove Ecology, Silviculture, Urban Forestry, Biodiversity
a) As principal “Effect of Physical and Chemical control measures on S. trilobata: an alien invasive plant” Funded by Khulna University Research Cell, Khulna University.
b) As co-researcher in the project “Floristic Features and Ethno botanic use of plants available in Homestead Gardens in Shyamnagar upazilla of Satkhira districts” Funded by Khulna University Research Cell, Khulna University.
c) As co-researcher in the project “Do radio frequencies from mobile phone base stations affect the productivity of Cocos nucifera?” Funded by Khulna University Research Cell, Khulna University.
d) As co-researcher in the project “Biodiversity assessment through field survey in association with remotely sensed data and GIS in selected coastal areas adjacent to the Sundarbans” Sustainable Development and Biodiversity Conservation in Coastal Protection Forests (SDBC-Sundarbans), Project (GIZ project # 10.2220.1-001).
e) As principle investigator of the project An investigation of drought tolerance of two common plantation tree species during germination and growth at seedling stage: a climate change adaptation strategy. Funding from University Grants Commission, Bangladesh.
f) As Co-Principle Investigator of the project Coordinated project on improvement of agroforestry practices for better livelihood and environment: KU Component. Funded by Bangladesh Agricultural Research Council.
g) As Principle Investigator of the project Effect of water stress on germination and seedling growth of Swietenia macrophylla King, Pithecellobium dulce (Roxb.) Benth. and Acacia nilotica Linn. Funded by Khulna University Research Cell, Khulna University.
h) As Co-researcher in the project “Carbon Sequestration, Salt Tolerance and Growth of the Major Timber Species of the Sundarbans Mangrove Forest and their Restoration Prospects in the Context of Climate Change”-Funded by US Department of Agriculture (USDA).
i) As Co-researcher in the project “Above ground biomass and nutrient dynamics (N,P and K) associated with harvesting of Ceriops decandra in the Sundarbans mangrove forest of Bangladesh.” funded by Ministry of Science, Information and Communication Technology, Government of Bangladesh.
j) As Research Associate in the project Studies on the impact of shrimp farm effluent on mangrove ecosystem with particular reference to soil and plant growth funded by Ministry of Science, Information and Communication Technology, Government of Bangladesh.
1. Islam, M.A., Akber, M.A., Limon, S.H. et al. 2019. Characterization of solid biofuel produced from banana stalk via hydrothermal carbonization. Biomass Conv. Bioref. https://doi.org/10.1007/s13399-019-00405-5
2. Biswasa, S.R.; Biswasb, P.L.; Limon, S.H.; Yan, E.R.; Xu, M.S.; Khan, M.S.I. 2018. Plant invasion in mangrove forests worldwide. Forest Ecology and Management 429: 480–492.
3. Limon SH, Hossain M, and Spiecker H. 2018. Nutrients leaching from green leaves of three potential agroforestry tree species. Agroforestry Systems, 92(2): 389-306.
4. Limon SH, Rouf MA and Ahsan MN. 2017. Rapid biodiversity assessment through field survey in association with remotely sensed data and GIS in three coastal villages adjacent to the Sundarbans. CISS Conference, Khulna University. (Conference Paper).
5. Hossain M, Siddique M.R.H, Abdullah S.M.R, Saha S, Ghosh D.C, Rahman M.S and Limon S.H. 2014. Nutrient Dynamics Associated with Leaching and Microbial Decomposition of Four Abundant Mangrove Species Leaf Litter of the Sundarbans, Bangladesh. Wetlands, 34: 439-448.
6. Hasanuzzaman M, Hossain M, Limon S.H and Siddique M.R.H. 2013. Effect of shrimp pond sludge on seedling growth of mahogany (Swietenia macrophylla). Khulna University Studies, 11 (1&2) and 12 (1&2): 149-155.
7. Hossain, M., Siddique, MRH., Bose, A., Limon, S.H., Chowdhury, MRK., Saha, S. 2012. Allometry, above-ground biomass and nutrient distribution in Ceriops decandra (Griffith) Ding Hou dominated forest types of the Sundarbans mangrove forest, Bangladesh. Wetlands Ecology and Management, 20 (6): 539-548.
8. Mahmood, H., Limon, S.H., Rahman, M.S., Azad, A.K., Islam, M.S., and Khairuzzaman, M. 2009. Nutrients (N, P and K) dynamics associated with the leaf litter of two agroforestry tree species of Bangladesh. iForest 2:183-186
9. Hasan, M.M., Mahmood, H., Limon, S.H., Islam, S., and Islam, M.N. 2006. Nutrients (P, K and Na) leaching from leaf litter of Melia azedarach (linn.). Khulna University Studies, 7(2): 59-64.
10. Sarker, K., Mahmood, H., Limon, S.H. and Islam, M.S. 2006. K and Na leaching from leaf litter of Acacia auriculiformis (Cunn. Ex Benth.). Khulna University Studies Special Issue: 79-82.
11. Hoque, A.K.F.; Hossain, I.; Limon, S.H., and Khairuzzaman, M. 2006. Effect of salinity on germination and seedling growth of Aegiceras corniculatum (L.) Blanco. Khulna University Studies Special Issue: 141-146.
12. Hasanuzzaman, M., Mahmood, H., Limon, S.H., and Islam, M.N. 2006. Nutrients (P, K and Na) leaching from leaf litter of Dalbergia sissoo (roxb.). Pakistan Journal of Forestry 56 (1): 22-29.