S.M. Rubaiot Abdullah
Forest Ecology, Forest Management, Remote sensing and GIS
MS in Forestry, Khulna University, Bangladesh
1. Principal Investigator of project titled "Screening total content of secondary bioactive metabolites from leaves of Raphanus sativus and its potentiality as a biopesticides" Funded by KURC
2. Principal Investigator of project titled "Development of aboveground volume and biomass allometric equation for common palm species of Bangladesh" Funded by KURC
September 2015 to Present : Assistant Professor, Forestry and Wood Technology Discipline, Khulna University, Khulna
September 2013 to September 2015 : Lecturer, Forestry and Wood Technology Discipline, Khulna University, Khulna.
February 2011 to August, 2013 : Research Assistant, Project, BAS-USDA Programme in Agricultural and Life Science, Khulna University, Khulna.
20th April to 21st April, 2016 : Train the trainer program on The Essential Electronic Agricultural Library organized by Khulna University, Khulna, Bangladesh
05th January to 07th January, 2016 : Certificate training on Strengthening Pedagogical Skills of Young Teacher organized by Life Science School of Khulna University, Bangladesh.
12th February to 27th February, 2014 : Certificate Training Program on Geo-Information for Improved Natural Resource Management (Incorporating Climate Change) and Policy Making in Bangladesh/SA organized by Faculty of Geo-lnformation Science and Earth Observation of the University of Twente, Netherlands at the Bangladesh Centre for Advanced Studies (BCAS), Dhaka, Bangladesh.
01st December to 27th December, 2011 : Certificate Training Course on Applied Conservation Biology and Co-management Jointly organized by Jahangirnagar University and Independent University of Bangladesh Under IPAC Project.
1. Mahmood H, Siddique MRH, Abdullah SMR, Saha S, Ghosh DC, Rahman MS, Limon SH (2013) Nutrient dynamics associated with leaching and microbial decomposition of four abundant mangrove species leaf litter of the Sundarbans, Bangladesh. Wetlands 34:439-448.
2. Mahmood H, Saha S, Salekin S, Mamun AA, Siddique MRH, Abdullah SMR (2014) Salinity influence on germination of four important mangrove species of the Sundarbans, Bangladesh. Agriculture and Forestry, 60 (2): 125-135.
3. Hasanuzzaman M, Mahmood H, Abdullah SMR, Shaikh MAA, Haque MZ, Nasrin S (2014) Mass loss and nutrient dynamics associated with green leaf leaching of cropland Agroforest tree species of Bangladesh. Agriculture & Forestry, 60 (3): 137-150
4. Mahmood H, Siddique MRH, Saha S, Abdullah SMR (2015) Allometric models for biomass, nutrients and carbon stock in Excoecaria agallocha of the Sundarbans, Bangladesh. Wetlands Ecology and Management, 23 (4): 765-774.
5. Mahmood H, Saha C, Abdullah SMR, Saha S, Siddique MRH (2015) Allometric biomass, nutrient and carbon stock models for Kandelia candel of the Sundarbans, Bangladesh. Trees, 30 (3): 709-717.
6. Mahmood H, Shaikh MAA, Saha C, Abdullah SMR, Saha S, Siddique MRH (2016) Above-Ground Biomass, Nutrients and Carbon in Aegiceras corniculatum of the Sundarbans. Open Journal of Forestry, 6: 72-81.
7. Nasrin S, Mahmood H, Alam R, Abdullah SMR, Saha S, Siddique MRH (2016) Germination Traits of Millettia Pinnata (L.) in Response to Salinity. Global Journal of Botanical Science 4: 46-51.
8. Nasrin S, Mahmood H, Abdullah SMR, Alam MR, Saha S, Siddique MRH (2016) Salinity influence on survival, growth and nutrient distribution in different parts of Millettia pinnata (L.) Panigrahi seedlings. Agriculture & Forestry 62 (4): 161-173.
9. Khushi, M.L.R, Mahmood, H., Abdullah, S.M.R., Saha, S., Siddique, M.R.H. (2018) Allometric models for estimation of above-ground biomass of Gmelina arborea Roxb. in pulpwood plantations of Bangladesh. Southern Forests. http://dx.doi.org/10.2989/20702620.2018.1488209
10. Mahmood H, Siddique M, Costello L, Birigazzi L, Abdullah SMR, Henry M, Siddiqui M, Aziz M, Ali M, Mamun A, Forhad M, Akhter M, Iqbal M, Mondol F. (2019) Allometric models for estimating biomass, carbon and nutrient stock in the Sal Zone of Bangladesh. iForest 12: 69-75, doi: 10.3832/ifor2758-011
11. Mahmood, H., Siddique M.R.H., Islam, S.M.Z., Abdullah, S.M.R., Matieu, H., Iqbal, M.Z., Akhter, M. (2019) Applicability of semi-destructive method to derive allometric model for estimating aboveground biomass and carbon stock in the Hill zone of Bangladesh. Journal of Forestry Research. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11676-019-00881-5
12.Mahmood H, Siddique MRH, Abdullah SMR, Costello L, Matieu H, Iqbal MZ, Akhter M (2019) Which option best estimates the above-ground biomass of mangroves of Bangladesh: pantropical or site- and species-specific models? Wetlands Ecology & Management ( ) 1-17. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/s11273-019-09677-0
1. Mahmood, H., Siddique, M.R.H., Abdullah, S.M.R., Akhter, M., Islam, S.M.Z. (2017) Field measurement protocol on tree allometric equations for estimating above-ground biomass and volume in Bangladesh. Food & Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, Rome, Italy and Forest Department, Government of the People's Republic of Bangladesh, 100 pp.
2. Mahmood, H., Abdullah, S.M.R., Siddique, M.R.H. (2017) Training manual: Sample Processing and Laboratory Analysis for the Development of Allometric Equation. FD and FAO, Dhaka, Bangladesh