Dr. Feroz Ahmed
1. Ph.D., School of Marketing, Curtin University, WA 6102, Australia.
2. M.Phil., Department of Marketing, University of Rajshahi, Bangladesh.
3. MBA, School of Management, Universiti Sains Malaysia, Penang, Malaysia.
4. MBS, Department of Marketing, University of Rajshahi, Bangladesh.
5. B.Com. (Hons.) Department of Marketing, University of Rajshahi, Bangladesh.
Tourism, Consumer Behavior, Service Marketing
- Worked as a local research coordinator (Khulna region) for the study on “Tariff Reform and Intersectoral Allocation of Natural Gas” – Organized and funded by ADB and executed by Economic Research Group. The duration of the work was July 2011 till September 2011.
- Worked as the Lead Researcher of the research entitled, “Investment Climate and Performance Assessment of the Medium and Large Scale Manufacturing Firms in the South-West Region of Bangladesh” – Organized by Economic Research Group Bangladesh and funded by International Finance Corporation (IFC). The duration of work was July 2010 till December 2010.
- Worked as the Marketing Specialist in the project entitled Socio-economy and Livelihoods of Stakeholders at Different Levels of Production, Processing, Marketing and Value Chain Analysis of Prawn (Macrobrachiumrosenbergii) in Greater Khulna Areas of Bangladesh – Funded by DFID/AFGRA of the University of Stirling, UK. The duration of work was June 2005 to April 2006.
- Worked as a researcher project on “An Analysis of Demand for Apartment Housing in Khulna City: A Case Study for Sonadanga Residential Area” – Organized and Funded by Khulna Development Authority (KDA), Khulna, Bangladesh during March – June 2001.
- Worked as the principal researcher of the project titled “An Investigation into the Problems and Causes of Customer Services of Government and Private Commercial Banks of Bangladesh” funded by Khulna University, Bangladesh during July1999 – June 2000.
- Performed a research on Consumers’ preference for Private over Public Clinic for Maternity Services – As a partial fulfillment of MBA program in Universiti Sains Malaysia, Penang, Malaysia, during July – December 1996.
1. Ahmed, F., Bose, T. K., Sonia, S. F., & Rashid, M. 2014. Customer Satisfaction of Foreign Exchange Services of Bangladeshi Banks - A Study on NCC Bank Bangladesh Limited and Basic Bank Bangladesh Limited. Asian Research Journal of Business Management (ARJBM),1(4), pp. 24 – 42.
2. Ahmed, F., Rashid, M., Akhter, N. 2013. Job Satisfaction of Indigenous Women - Working in the Beauty Parlors of Bangladesh. GJMBR, 13(12),pp. 21-26.
3. Ahmed, F., Uddin Reaz Md., and Ahmmad, Rasel S.M.2013. Future of Real Estate Business (Ready-made Flat) in Khulna City. International Journal of Scientific and Research Publications. 3 (12), pp. 1-5.
4. Ahmed, F., and Moin, S. M. I. 2013. Constraints behind development of Khulna region as a prominent tourist destination.Research Journal of Science & IT Management,2 (3), pp. 22-28.
5. Ahmed, F., Lopa, N. Z., and Sultana, S. 2012. Future of Shipbuilding Industry in Bangladesh. Business Review, 8(1 & 2), pp. 89-96.
6. Ahmed, F., Jalal, T. and Uddin, R. Md. 2011. Challenges faced by Working Women in Bangladesh – A Study on Khulna City, Pratibimba. The Journal of IMIS (Institute of Management & Information Science) Bhubaneswar), India, 11(1),pp. 33-39.
7. Akhter, N., Ahmed, F. and Hossain, S. 2011. Socio-economic Conditions of Tribal Female Workers of the Beauty Parlors in Bangladesh. Asian Journal of Business Management (Maxwell Scientific Organization), 3(2),pp. 136-144.
8. Ahmed, F. and Rahman, M. M. and Haque, M. 2011. Constraints of Manufacture based Small & Medium Enterprise (SME) Development in Bangladesh. Journal of Social and Development Sciences (JSDS), 1(3),pp. 91-100.
9. Ghosh, J. and Ahmed, F. 2011. Comparative Study of NGO Hospitals and Private Hospitals of Khulna Region of Bangladesh. Southwest Review of International Business Research (AIBSW Conference Proceedings), 22 (1),pp. 61-67.
10. Ahmed, F., Haque, E. and Akther, E. 2010. Measuring Service Quality of the Luxury Hotels of Khulna City in Bangladesh. Business Review, 7(1&2),pp. 82-92.
11. Ahmed, F., Azam S. and Bose T. K. 2010. Factors affecting the selection of Tour Destination in Bangladesh: An empirical analysis. International Journal of Business and Management (IJBM), 5(3),pp. 52-61.
12. Ahmed, F. and Islam, T. M. 2008. E-Banking: Performance, Problems, and Potentials in Bangladesh. Business Review, 6 (1 & 2),pp. 63-74.
13. Ahmed, F. 2007. Consumers Attitude towards Modernized Shopping Center vs. Traditional Shopping Center – A Case Study at Khulna City. Daffodil International University Journal of Business and Economics, 2 (2),pp. 183-192.
14. Ahmed, F., Rashid, M and Shahabuddin, A. S. M. 2003. Customer Services Quality – A Comparison between Government and Private Commercial Banks of Bangladesh. Bank Parikrama, 28(1),pp. 75-92.
15. Ahmed, F., Rashid, M., Haque, M. M. and Naqi, M. A.2002. Prospects of Multistoried Apartment Housing in Khulna City: A case study at Sonadanga Residential Area.Business Review, 3 (1),pp. 69-76.
16. Ahmed, F. and Rahman, M. M. 2001. Tourism in Bangladesh – A Case Study on Khulna City. Khulna University Studies, 3 (1),pp. 483-485.
17. Islam, N., Saha, G. C. and Ahmed, F. 2000. An Evaluation of Job Satisfaction of Women Employees in Commercial Banks of Bangladesh. Journal of Business Administration, 26 (3&4),pp. 47-57.
18. Ahmed, F., Jahiruddin A. T. M. and Rashid, M. (1999). Impact of BSCIC funding on Lower Income Group – A Case Study on Self Employment Program (SEP).Business Review,2 (2),pp. 34-48.
19. Ahmed, F. 1996. Computer Based Information System for Strategic Planning and Competitive Advantage. Business Review,2 (1),pp. 22-27.
20. Ahmed, F., Rahman, M. and Rahman, M. 1996. Customers Banking Preferences. Business Review,2 (1),pp. 54-58.
21. Ahmed, F. 1995. An Overview of Social Marketing Company (SMC), Bangladesh – A Case Study. Business Review,1 (2),pp. 93-97.
F., Quaddus, M.A. & Shanka, T. (2017). Antecedents of Ecotourism: A
Conceptual Framework. Paper presented in TOURAVEL'17 - organized by
DAKAM (Eastern Mediterranean Academic Research Center) Istanbul,
Turkey on July 14-15, 2017.
2. Ahmed, F., Quaddus, M.A. & Shanka, T. (2014). Outcomes of sustainable ecotourism development in Bangladesh: A qualitative approach. Paper presented in APTA conference, Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam, 1-4 July, 2014.
3. Ahmed, F., Quaddus, M.A. & Shanka, T. (2014). Sustainable ecotourism development in Bangladesh: an exploratory investigation. Paper presented in ANZMAC Inaugural Mid-Year Doctoral Colloquium 2014 at Curtin University, Australia, June-July 2014.
4. Ahmed, F., Quaddus, M.A. & Shanka, T. (2014). Requirements of Sustainable Development of Ecotourism in Bangladesh. Paper presented in the CAUTHE Conference, Brisbane, Australia, 10-13 February, 2014.
5. Ahmed, F. (2012). Constraints behind Development of Khulna Region as a Prominent Tourist Destination. Paper presented (Interactive) in the 26th Annual Australian and New Zealand Academy of Management (ANZAM) Conference 2012 Perth, Australia, 5-7 December 2012.
1. Participated and worked as a reviewer at Curtin Graduate School of Business (CGSB) Research Forum – Organized by CGSB, Murray Street Perth, Australia - held at CGSB, during 9-10 May, 2013
2. Workshop on “Proposal Writing for Academic Innovation Fund under Higher Education Quality Enhancement Project (HEQEP)” – Organized by University Grants Commission of Bangladesh – held at University Grants Commission Auditorium on November 17, 2009.
3. International workshop on “Faculty Development, Quality Assurance and Accreditation of Business Schools” – Organized by North South University, Dhaka, Bangladesh with support from the Commonwealth Secretariat, London – held at BIAM auditorium during 30 April to 1 May 2005.
4. Training program on “Social Science Research Methodology” – Organized by Khulna University Research Cell and sponsored by Social Science Research Council, Planning Division, Ministry of Planning, held at Khulna University during 16 – 18 May 2003.
5. Workshop on “TQM Application in Industrial Enterprises” – Organized by Business Administration Discipline, Khulna University, held at Khulna University during November 15 and 16, 2002.
6. “Workshop on Saving Newborn Lives Initiative” – Organized by Save the Children (USA) and Brac, Bangladesh held at Hotel Castle Salaam, Khulna on March 28, 2002.
7. Workshop on “Conflict Management and Peace Building” – Organized by Bangladesh Institute of International and Strategic Studies (BIIS), Dhaka, Bangladesh in collaborations with the Netherlands Institute of International Relations (Clingendael), held at BIIS during August 26 -28, 2001.
8. “International Conference on Bangladesh Development Agenda and Vision 2020: Rhetoric or Reality?” – Jointly organized by the Bangabandhu Center, University of Hull UK and the University of Dhaka, Bangladesh held in the BIAM auditorium at Dhaka on 14 and 15 April 2001.
9. “International Workshop on Technology Development in Indian Languages” – Organized by Indian Statistical Institute (ISI), Kolkata, held at Kolkata 700035, India during March 26 – 30, 2001.
10. “Workshop on Critical Issues in Technology Transfer Including Financing” – Organized by Asian Institute of Technology (AIT), Thailand held in Moratuwa University Colombo, Srilanka on December 18, 1998.
11. “Faculty Development Workshop on Teaching – Training Methodology in Management and Business” – Sponsored and Organized by Association of Management Development Institutes in Bangladesh (AMDIB) in collaboration with IBA, University of Dhaka, held at University of Dhaka during April 25 – 30, 1998.
12. “Workshop on Services Marketing” – Organized by Bangladesh Management Development Center (BMDC), Dhaka held at Dhaka under the sponsorship of Association of Management Development Institutions in Bangladesh (AMDIB) during January 15 – 17,1997.
13. “Orientation Program on Business and Management Teaching/Training Methodology” – Organized by Business Administration Discipline, Khulna University, held at Khulna University, under the sponsorship of Association of Management Development Institutions in Bangladesh (AMDIB) during January 4 – 7, 1997.
14. “Workshop on Research Methodology in Management and Business” – Organized by the Institute of Business Administration (IBA), University of Dhaka, held at University of Dhaka during January 28 to February 23, 1995.
15. “Workshop on Entrepreneurship Development” – Organized by Center for Entrepreneurship and Small Business Development (CESBD) and Business Administration Discipline, Khulna University held at Khulna University, under the sponsorship of Association of Management Development Institutions in Bangladesh (AMDIB) during November 19 – 24, 1994.