Dr. Nazmul Islam
1. Fluid Dynamics in micro and nano-scale
2. Fluid flow and particle transport in periodic tubes
3. Fluid flow through rotating straight duct
4. Fluid flow through curved duct
1. Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Applied Mathematics (Fluid Mechanics) in 2016 from University of South Australia, Australia.
2. Master of Science (MSc) in Applied Mathematics in 2006 from Khulna University, Bangladesh.
3. Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Mathematics in 2004 from Khulna University, Bangladesh.
Dr. Nazmul Islam is an Associate Professor in Mathematics Discipline at Khulna University, Khulna, Bangladesh. He has done his PhD from University of South Australia, Australia. His doctoral research explores how mathematically it is possible to model the fluid flows and particle transport through periodic tubes. Dr. Islam has finished his BSc and MSc degree from Mathematics Discipline, Khulna University, Khulna, Bangladesh. After finishing his MSc, he joined as a Lecturer in the same discipline and then upgraded to an Assistant Professor. His current research interest fields are: Fluid Dynamics in micro and nano scale.
1. Associate Professor in Mathematics Discipline, Khulna University, Bangladesh (From 10 September 2015, onwards)
2. Assistant Professor in Mathematics Discipline, Khulna University, Bangladesh (From 10 September 2010 to 09 September 2015)
3. Lecturer in Mathematics Discipline, Khulna University, Bangladesh (From 10 September 2008 to 9 September 2010)
3. Part-time Teacher in Mathematics Discipline, Khulna University, Bangladesh (From 13 February 2007 to 9 September
Nazmul Islam, Stan Miklavcic and Lee White, Convective and diffusive
particle transport in channels of periodic cross-section: comparison with
experiment, Journal of Engineering
Mathematics, vol. 111, no.1, 1-13, 2018.
Nazmul Islam, Stan Miklavcic, Bronwyn Hajek and Lee White, Convective and diffusive effects on particle transport in asymmetric periodic capillaries, ‘PLOS ONE’, 2017.
Nazmul Islam, Fluid flow and particle transport through periodic capillaries, ‘Bull. Aust. Math. Soc.’, vol. 96, 521-522, 2017.
Nazmul Islam, Bronwyn Hajek, Stan Miklavcic and Lee White, The onset of recirculation flow in periodic capillaries: geometric effects, 'European Journal of Mechanics-B/Fluids', vol. 53, 119-128, 2015.
Lasker Ershad Ali, Ariful Islam and Nazmul Islam, Investigate Micropolar Fluid Behavior on MHD Free Convection and Mass Transfer Flow with Constant Heat and Mass Fluxes by Finite Difference Method, 'American Journal of Applied Mathematics', vol. 3, no. 3, 157-168, 2015.
Nisat Nowroz Anika, Md. Mainul Hoque and Nazmul Islam, Hall Current Effects on Magnetohydrodynamics Fluid over an Infinite Rotating Vertical Porous Plate Embedded in Unsteady Laminar Flow, ˜Annals of Pure and Applied Mathematics”, vol. 3, no.2, 189-200, 2013.
Md. Saidul Islam , Md. Samsuzzoha, Shamim Ara and Nazmul Islam, Unsteady Solutions of Thermal Boundary Layer Equations by using Finite Difference Method, ˜Annals of Pure and Applied Mathematics”, vol. 3, no.2, 142-154, 2013.
Rabindra Nath Mondal, Nazmul Islam, Lasker Earshad Ali and Anup Kumar Datta, Solution structure, Stability and Transitions of Non-isothermal Flow through a Curved Rectangular Duct, ‘Indian Journal of Science and Technology’, vol.2, No.8, pp.35-42, 2009.
Nazmul Islam and Md. Mahmud Alam, Dufour and Soret Effects on Unsteady MHD Free Convection and Mass Transfer Fluid Flow Through a Porous Medium in a Rotating System, ‘Bangladesh Journal of Scientific and Industrial Research’, An international research publication, vol.43, no.2, pp.159-172, 2008.
Nazmul Islam and Md. Mahmud Alam, Dufour and Soret Effects on Steady MHD Free Convection and Mass Transfer Fluid Flow Through a Porous Medium in a Rotating System, ‘Journal of Naval Architecture and Marine Engineeringr’, An international research publication, vol.4, no.1, pp.43-55, 2007.
Md. Mahmud Alam, Delowara Begum, Nazmul Islam and K. Yamamoto, Multiple Solution of a Flow in Curved Rectangular Duct with Large Aspect Ratio, ‘Journal of Energy Heat and Mass Transfer’, vol.28, pp.281-301, 2006.
Nazmul Islam, S. M. Shameem, Mohammad Arifur Rahman and Md. Mahmud Alam, Flow Through a Rotating Straight Pipe, ‘Journal of Mathematicsand Mathematical Science’, vol.19, pp.21-33, 2004.