Prasanta Paul, Ph.D.
Bachelor of Pharmacy (Honors)
Master of Pharmacy (Khulna University)
Postgraduate in Pharmaceutical Research (KU Leuven)
PhD in Pharmaceutical Sciences (KUL, Belgium)
Development of HPLC and capillary electrophoresis (CE) based economic analytical method for the assay of small drugs is the core interest of my group.
Application of chemometrics in Pharmaceutical and Phytochemical profiling is my active research interest currently. Besides, Chemometric-based enzyme kinetic studies is also a new research wing in my group.
Metabolic profiling of phytochemical as a means of biomarker discovery by using analytical tools like IR, HPLC and NMR is under consideration in an upcoming project.
Application of Omics techniques (genomic, transcriptomics and proteomics) in context of Phytochemistry and Agriculture (Arabidopsis thaliana) will also be pursued in near future as well.
- As quality control (QC) officer in Beximco Pharmaceuticals Ltd., I have experience on
routine analysis of raw and finished products (tablet, capsule, syrup,suspension, cream, ointments, dry powder for syrup and suspension, inhaler products) as per USP, BP, and other regulatory agencies namely MHRA (UK).
on HPLC, IR, UV-Vis, particle size analyzer, polarimeter, AAS, Karl-Fisher titration and other test instruments
in process validation of intermediary as well as finished products
dissolution studies and accelerated stability studies on retention sample
As quality assurance (QA) officer, I acquired operation skills on
batch manufacturing record (BMR) compilation and archiving
in process control (IPC) of pharmaceuticals (solid, semisolid and liquid formulations)
1. Ramazani Yasaman, Levtchenko Elena N, van den Heuvel Bert, Van Schepdael Ann,Paul Prasanta, Ivanova Ekaterina A, Pastore Anna, Hartman Trina M, Price Neil P J (2017). Evaluation of carbohydratecysteaminethiazolidines as pro-drugs for the treatment of cystinosis. Carbohydrate Research, 439, 9-15
2. Huang Shengyun, Paul Prasanta, Ramana Pranov, Adams Erwin, Augustijns Patrick, Van Schepdael Ann (2018). Advances in Capillary Electrophoretically Mediated Microanalysis for On-line Enzymatic and Derivatization Reactions. Electrophoresis, 39, 97-110.
3. Paul Prasanta, Duchateau Tom, Sänger-van de Griend Cari, Adams Erwin, Van Schepdael Ann (2017). Capillary electrophoresis with capacitively coupled contactless conductivity detection method development and validation for the determination of azithromycin, clarithromycin, and clindamycin Journal of Separation Science, 40 (17), 3535-3544
4. Paul Prasanta, Van Laeken Christophe, Sänger-van de Griend Cari, Adams Erwin, Van Schepdael Ann (2016). CE-C4D method development and validation for the assay of ciprofloxacin. Journal of Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Analysis, 129, 1-8
5. Reda Ahmed, Van Schepdael Ann, Adams Erwin, Paul Prasanta, Devolder David, Ibrahim Mohamed, VeysKoenraad, CasteelsIngele, van den Heuvel Bert, Levtchenko Elena (2017). Effect of Storage Conditions on Stability of Ophthalmological Compounded Cysteamine Eye Drops. JIMD Reports
6. Paul Prasanta, Sänger-van de Griend Cari, Adams Erwin, Van Schepdael Ann (2018). A simple, low-cost and robust capillary zone electrophoresis method with capacitively coupled contactless conductivity detection for the routine determination of four selected penicillins in money-constrained laboratories. Electrophoresis, art.nr 10.1002/elps.201800033 (IF most recent: 2.744)
7. Paul Prasanta, Gasca Lazaro Tania, Adams Erwin, Van Schepdael Ann (2015). CE- C4D for the Determination of Cations in Parenteral Nutrition Solution. In: Reed Christian (Eds.), bookseries: Nanotechnology Science and Technology, Capillary Electrophoresis (CE) Principles, Challenges and Applications, Chapt. 6. New York: Nova Science Publishers, Inc., 167-192.
8. Paul Prasanta, Sänger-van de Griend Cari, Adams Erwin, Van Schepdael Ann (2018). Recent advances in the capillary electrophoresis analysis of antibiotics with capacitively coupled contactless conductivity detection, Journal of Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Analysis, 158, 405-415.