Mr. Rinku Majumder, Assistant Professor, Physics Discipline, Khulna University has completed his M.Sc. from the University of Rajshahi. His field of specialization is on " Theoretical and Computational Physics" based on Energy Density Functional (EDF) formalism and Density Functional Theory (DFT) incorporating FRESCO and CASTEP code, respectively. Mr. Majumder is doing his research on the investigation of physical behaviors of several functional materials ranging from half-Heuslers compounds to perovskite oxides using DFT. Mr. Majumder has completed two research projects under the grant of the University Research Cell wing of Khulna University. Two M.Sc. students have completed their M.Sc. thesis under his supervision and two students are currently working with him to complete their M.Sc. level Thesis work.
M.Sc (Thesis) from University of Rajshahi, B.Sc. (Honours) from University of Rajshahi.
Theoretical Physics and Condensed Matter Physics
1. Assistant Professor, Physics Discipline, Khulna University.
2. Ex-lecturer, Physics Discipline, Khulna University.
13. S.K. Mitro, M.A. Hadi, F. Parvin, R. Majumder, S.H. Naqib, A.K.M.A. Islama, Effect of boron incorporation into the carbon-site in Nb2SC MAX phase: Insights from DFT, Journal of Materials
Research and Technology, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jmrt.2021.02.031. (Publisher: Elsevier, Date:2021, Q1, IF: 5.28)
12. R. Majumder, S. K. Mitro*, Justification of crystal stability and origin of transport properties in ternary half-Heusler ScPtBi, RSC Adv. 10 (2020) 37482, DOI: 10.1039/d0ra06826h. (Publisher: Royal Society of Chemistry, UK, Date: 2020, Q1, IF: 3.19).
11. R. Majumder*, S.K. Mitro, B. Bairagi, Influence of metalloid antimony on the physical properties of palladium-based half-Heusler compared to the metallic bismuth: A first-principle study, J. Alloys Compd. 836 (2020) 155395, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jallcom.2020.155395. (Publisher: Elsevier , Date: 2020 ( available in online ) Q1, IF: 4.65).
10. S.K. Mitro, K.M. Hossain, R. Majumder*, Md. Zahid Hasan, Effect of the negative chemical pressure on physical properties of
doped perovskite molybdates in the framework of DFT method, J. Alloys Compd. 854 (2021) 157088, DOI:https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jallcom.2020.157088, (Publisher: Elsevier, Date: 2020 (available in online), Q1, IF: 4.65).
9. S. K. Mitro, R. Majumder * , K. M. Hossain, Md. Zahid Hasan, Md. Emran Hossain, M. A. Hadi, Insights into the physical properties and anisotropic nature of ErPdBi with an appearance of low minimum thermal conductivity, Chin. Phys. B 30(1), (2021) 016203, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1088/1674-1056/abaf9d, (Publisher: Institute of Physics (IoP), UK and Chinese Academy of Science, Date: 2020) (available in online), Q3, IF: 1.21).
8. R. Majumder*, M. M. Hossain, D. Shen, First-principles study of structural, electronic, elastic, thermodynamic and optical properties of topological superconductor LuPdBi, Mod. Phys. Lett. B 33(30) (2019) 1950378, DOI: 10.1142/S0217984919503780. (Publisher: World Scientific, Date: 2019, Q3, IF: 0.94).
7. R.Majumder, M. M. Hossain*; First-principles study of structural, electronic, elastic, thermodynamic and optical properties of topological superconductor LuPtBi, Comput. Condens. Matter 21 (2019) e00402, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cocom.2019.e00402. (Publisher: Elsevier, Date: 2019, Q3, IF: 0.97).
6. M. S. Islam∗, R. Absar, M. M. Rahman, R. Majumder , M A Sayed, A Nilima, M M B Azad, A S B Tariq, M A Uddin, and A K Basak∗, Nature of Potential Families from Elastic 16O+16O Rainbow Scattering, J. Phys. G , DOI: https://doi.org/10.1088/1361-6471/abd88e,(Publisher: Institute of Physics (IoP),UK Date: 2020 ( In Press and will be available online by 2020, Q1, IF: 3.54).
5. S. Hossain, A.S.B. Tariq, Athoy Nilima, M. Sujan Islam, R. Majumder, M.A. Sayed, Masum Billah, M. M. B. Azad, M.A. Uddin, I. Reichstein, F.B. Malik, A.K. Basak*, Dependence of the 16O+16O nuclear potential on nuclear incompressibility, Phys. Rev. C 91 (2015) 064613, DOI: 10.1103/PhysRevC.91.064613. (Publisher: American Physical Society (APS), Date: 2015, Q1, IF: 3.24 ).
4. R. Majumder, M. M. Hossain, M. E. Hossain, and M. A. R. Sarker*, Influence of additional NaCl for the formation of stoichiometric polycrystalline La0.85Na0.15MnO3, Bangladesh J. Sci. Ind. Res. 54(4) (2019) 289-296, DOI: https://doi.org/10.3329/bjsir.v54i4.44563. (Publisher: Bangladesh Council of Scientific and Industrial Research, Date: 2019).
3. R. Majumder*, M. A. R. Sarker, M. M. Hossain, M. E. Hossain, D. Shen, A. K. M. S. Reza, and M. H. Kabir, Investigation of Sodium Doped Lanthanum Manganite in Optical, Dielectric and Capacitive Perspective Prepared by Flux Method, J. Sci. Res. 11 (2) (2019) 195-207, DOI: 10.3329/jsr.v11i2.39351. (Publisher: University of Rajshahi, Date: 2019).
2. M. Sujan Islam, R. Majumder, S. Hossain, Athoy Nilima, M. A. Sayed, M. M. Billah, M.M.B. Azad, A. S. B. Tariq, M. A. Uddin, A. K. Basak*, Non-monotonic shallow nucleus-nucleus potential for heavy-ion elastic scattering, J. Phys. Conf. Ser. 1718 (2021) 012009, (Publisher: Institute of Physics (IoP), UK, Date: 2021, Q3, IF: 0.54).
1. M. E. Hossain*, R. Majumder, R. Ahsan, Spectroscopic investigation of divalent metal oxide borosilicate glasses and its devitrified product, IJIRAE 05 (2018) 5 , Date: 2018.
NB: * Stands for the corresponding author.