Sanjoy Kumar Chanda
Mgr. in Sociology (Masaryk University, Czech Republic)
MSS in Sociology (Khulna University, Bangladesh)
BSS in Sociology (Khulna University,Bangladesh)
Healthcare, gender, social structure
Current Research Project/Collaboration
|SL||Title||Research Role||Awarded Date||Completion Date||Funding Agency|
|No Research Project Available|
|SL||Title||Degree||Role||Start Date||End Date|
|No Supervision Available|
1. Howlader, M.H., Roshid, H.O., Kundu, S. Halder, H.R., Chanda, S.K., Rahman, M.A. (2022) Determinants associated with high-risk fertility behaviours among reproductive aged women in Bangladesh: a cross-sectional study. Reproductive Health 19(17). https://doi.org/10.1186/s12978-022-01333-w
2. Polly A., Chanda S.K., Roy T., (2021) Response to extreme climatic event: a case study of coastal community from southeast Bangladesh. Khulna University Studies 17(1 & 2): 89-104.
3. Hossain MT., Ahammed B., Chanda S.K., Jahan N., Ela MZ., Islam MN. (2020) Social and electronic media exposure and generalized anxiety disorder among people during COVID-19 outbreak in Bangladesh: A preliminary observation. PLoS ONE 15(9): e0238974. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0238974
4. Chanda S.K., Ahammed B., Howlader M.H., Ashikuzzaman M., Shovo T-E-A., & Hossain MT. (2020) Factors associating different antenatal care contacts of women: A cross-sectional analysis of Bangladesh demographic and health survey 2014 data. PLoS ONE 15(4): e0232257. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0232257
5. Chanda, S.K. (2020) Cyclone Aila and Coping Strategies of the Coastal Households in Southern Bangladesh. Bangladesh e-journal of Sociology, 17(1): 85-105. http://www.bangladeshsociology.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=4&Itemid=104
6. Chanda, S. K., & Howlader, M.H. (2019) Gender Inequality in the Labor Market: A Comparative Analysis between Bangladesh and the Czech Republic. Khulna University Studies, 16(1):75-87. https://ku.ac.bd/ku-studies-published-volume
7. Chanda, S. K., Lima, T.R., & Jabbar, M.A. (2018). Health Status of Early Married Female Auto Rice Mill Workers in Khulna City of Bangladesh. Pabna University of Science and Technology Studies, 3(1): 70-78. ISSN 2308-6246.
8. Akter, H., Chanda, S.K., Mamun, A.A., & Razu, S.R. (2018). Role of Education in Women Empowerment: A Study from Khulna District of Bangladesh. International Journal of Innovative Research, 3(1):19–23, 2018. ISSN (Online) 2520-5919. Retrieved from http://www.irsbd.org/
9. Rahman, M.A., Nuruzzaman, Md., & Chanda, S.K. (2016). Integrative versus instrumental motivation in learning english language at tertiary level: A study at Khulna University, Bangladesh. Journal of Arts, Science & Commerce, 7(2(1). doi:10.18843/rwjasc/ v7i2(1)/03
10. Chanda, S. K. (2015). Gender and life satisfaction in the Czech Republic. Gender Studies, 13(1):131–151, ISSN (Online) 1583-980X, doi:10.1515/genst-2015-0010
11. Chanda, S. K., Razu, S.R., & Shrin, S. (2013). Educational status of mothers and their pre-natal and post-natal care of infants in Bangladesh. IOSR Journal of Humanities And Social Science (IOSR-JHSS), 10(6):40-46. Retrieved from http://www.iosrjournals.org/iosr-jhss/pages/v10i6.html
12. Chanda, S. K., Howlader, M.H., & Nahar, N. (2012). Educational status of the married women and their participation at household decision making in rural Bangladesh. International Journal of Advancements in Research & Technology, 1(6). Retrieved from http://www.ijoart.org/docs/Educational-Status-of-the-Married-Women-and-Their-Participation-at-Household-Decision-Making-in-Rural-Bangladesh.pdf
13. Chanda, S. K. (2011). Women in modern politics and decision making in Bangladesh. Social Change: A Journal for Social Development, 2(1&2):1-14. A Retrieved from http://ypsa.org/ypsa/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Social-Change-Vol-2-2011.pdf
14. Chanda, S. K. (2011). Socio-economic aspects of a small community: The case of horijan living in Khulna City. Social Change: A Journal for Social Development, 2(1&2):184-196. Retrieved from http://ypsa.org/ypsa/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Social-Change-Vol-2-2011.pdf
15. Chanda, S. K. (2010). Effects of cyclone aila: Migration tendency of the resident. Journal of Socioeconomic Research and Development (JSERD), 7(6):975-980.
16. Hossain, M. T., Jabbar, M.A., & Chanda, S.K. (2010). Effects of shrimp cultivation on the socio-economic conditions of the shrimp cultivators in South-western region of Bangladesh. Journal of Socioeconomic Research and Development (JSERD), 7(5):936-944.
17. Chanda, S. K., & Jabbar, M.A. (2010). Some differentials of reproductive health of the married women in Bangladesh. Khulna University Studies, 10 1&2):283-292. Retrieved from http://ku.ac.bd/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/V10-N1-N2-P283-292.pdf
1. Chanda, S.K. & Polly, A. (2020). Digitalization and innovation in health care. In V.P. Gupta (Ed.), Digitalisation and innovations in business (pp.1-9). Empyreal Publishing House. Retrieved from http://www.editedbook.in/books.php
1. Chanda, S. K. (2021) Applying the Theoretical Domains Framework to identify sociocultural barriers and enablers to access and use of primary and maternal healthcare services by rural Bangladeshi women. The 8th International Conference on Social Sciences 2021, The International Institute of Knowledge Management, 14-15 October 2021, Online, International.
2. Chanda, S. K. (2021) Using the Theoretical Domains Framework to identify sociocultural barriers and facilitators to access and use of primary and maternal healthcare services by rural Bangladeshi women. The 9th World Sustainability Forum, 13–15 Sep 2021, Online, International.
3. Chanda, S. K. (2020) Factors Associated with Primary and Maternal Healthcare Services Accessibility and Utilization by Rural Dwelling Bangladeshi Women: A Literature Review. 4th ICSD International Conference on Sustainable Development, 18-19th February 2020, United International University, Dhaka.
4. Chanda, S. K. (2018) Human Health Burden of Cyclone Aila Affected Region in Bangladesh. International Conference on South Asian Sociology & Beyond, 19-20th January 2018, Dept. of Sociology, University of Dhaka.
5. Chanda, S. K. (2017) Access to Health Care Services of Married Women Rural in Bangladesh. 2nd Annual Conference on Social Research in Bangladesh. 4th November 2017. Bangladesh Institute of Social research Trust, Dhaka.
6. Chanda, S. K. (2016) Climate Change and Coping Strategies of the Household-Dwellers in Bangladesh. International Conference on Sustainable Development, 3-4th February 2016, ULAB, Dhaka.
1. Chanda, S. K. (2021) Associated determinants in accessing and using maternal healthcare services by rural Bangladeshi women: a literature review. WRDTP 10th annual conference: Professional Skills for PhD and post-PhD life, 22nd to 23rd June, University of Sheffield, UK.
2. Chanda, S. K. (2019) Factors associated with primary healthcare (including maternity services) accessibility and utilisation by rural dwelling Bangladeshi women: A literature review. Postgraduate research conference, 5th November 2019, School of Healthcare, University of Leeds, UK.
3. Chanda, S. K. (2019) Barriers and facilitators to Bangladeshi women’s access and utilisation of healthcare services. Postgraduate research conference, 17th June 2019, Faculty of Medicine and Health, University of Leeds, UK.
4. Chanda, S. K. (2019) Determinants of healthcare accessibility and utilisation of women in Bangladesh: A systematic review. WRDTP 8th annual conference: The Sustainable Development Goals, 19th June 2019, University of Leeds, UK.
1. Chanda, S. K. (2015). Robert J. Holton and Bryan S. Turner, Max Weber on Economy and Society, New York, Routledge, 2011, 224 p. ISBN 978- 0415611176, HSS IV(1):139-143, DOI: 10.1515/hssr -2015-0009.