Public health | Epidemiology | Bio statistics | Bioinformatics | Machine learning.
M.Sc. in Statistics (Rajshahi University, Rajshahi, Bangladesh; 2011)
B.Sc. (Honors) in Statistics (Rajshahi University, Rajshahi, Bangladesh; 2010)
Benojir Ahammed is an Assistant Professor of Statistics at Khulna University in Khulna, Bangladesh. He was Lecturer since September, 2013 in Khulna University for two years. Mr. Ahammed obtained his M.Sc. (2011) and B.Sc. (2010) in Statistics from the University of Rajshahi, Rajshahi, Bangladesh. Mr. Ahammed got ‘Khandakar Monowar Memorial Award’ for his outstanding academic performance in honours examinations from Department of Statistics, University of Rajshahi, Bangladesh, and he also got Merit Award for his excellent results in both M.Sc. and B.Sc. examinations from Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman Hall, University of Rajshahi, Rajshahi, Bangladesh in 2015.
Mr. Ahammed studied the Reliability Analysis for his M.Sc. thesis. Then he shifted his research interest into the field of Public Health, Epidemiology, Bio statistics, Bioinformatics and Machine Learning.
Professor, Statistics Discipline, Khulna University, Khulna-9208, Bangladesh.
November, 2015 to till.
Lecturer, Statistics Discipline, Khulna University, Khulna-9208, Bangladesh. September, 2013 to November, 2015.
Postgraduate (Masters) Thesis Supervision
- Prevalence and determinants of initial and exclusive breastfeeding status in Bangladesh (Animesh Biswas, Student No. MS-172009, Session 2016-2017, Examination: 2019).
- Feature selection and machine learning techniques for classification of gene expression data (Md. Alamgir Sarder, Student No. MS-172010, Session 2016-2017, Examination: 2019).
- Spatial pattern and determinants of diarrhea, acute respiratory infection and fever among under five children in Bangladesh (Subarna Kundu, Student No. MS-172018, Session 2016-2017, Examination: 2019).
- Spatial Imputation and analysis of missing values using different data mining techniques (Rafayat Zakia Mim, Session 2015-2016, Examination: 2018).
- Ahammed, B.*, Maniruzzaman, M., Kundu, S., Mahmud J.A., Ferdausi,
F. (2019). Prevalence and Risk
Factors Associated with Tobacco Smoking among Adults in India: A Nationally
Representative Household Survey. Family
Medicine & Primary Care Review (Continuo Publisher), DOI: doi.org/10.5114/fmpcr.2019.86505, Volume 21, Issue 4, PP 01-11. Publisher’s site.
- Md. Maniruzzaman,
M., Rahman, M.J., Ahammed, B.,
Abedin, M.M., Suri, H.S., Biswas, M., El-Baz, A., Bangeas, P., Tsoulfas,
G., and Suri, J.S. (2019).
Statistical Characterization and Classification of Colon Microarray Gene
Expression Data using Multiple Machine Learning Paradigms. Computer Methods and Programs in
DOI: doi.org/10.1016/j.cmpb.2019.04.008, Volume 176,
Issue 2019, PP 173-193. Publisher's site.
- Ahammed, B.*, Kabir, R.M., Abedin M.M., Ali, M., and Islam, A.M. (2019). Determinants of different birth intervals of ever married women: Evidence from Bangladesh. Clinical Epidemiology and Global Health (Elsevier), DOI: doi.org/10.1016/j.cegh.2019.01.011. Volume 7, Issue 3, PP 450-456. Publisher's site.
- Abedin, M.M., Maniruzzaman, M., Ali, M., Ahmed, N.A.M.F., and Ahammed, B.* (2019). Assessing and Determining Potential Factors Associated with Vitamin A Supplementation in Bangladesh. Biostatistics and Biometrics Open Access Journal (BBOAJ) (Juniper Publishers), DOI:10.19080/BBOAJ.2019.09.555753, Volume 9, Issue 1, PP 01-08. Publisher's site.
- Ahammed, B.*, and Abedin, M. M. (2018). Predicting wine types with different classification techniques. Model Assisted Statistics and Applications (IOS Press), DOI: 10.3233/MAS-170420, Volume 13, Issue 1, PP 85-93. Publisher's site.
- Islam, M. A. and Ahammed, B (2017). An Econometric Analysis of Real Exchange Rate and Productivity Growth of some Developing Countries in Asia. Annals of Pure and Applied Mathematics, DOI: dx.doi.org/10.22457/apam.v13n2a4, Volume 13, Issue 2, PP 185-197. Publisher's site.
- Ahammed, B.*, Seddiqe M.M.I.S., and Alam M.M. (2015). Application of Use Rate for Estimating Parameter and Finding the Approximate Failure Number using Warranty Claims in Linear Scale. IOSR Journal of Mathematics (IOSR-JM), (International Organization of Scientific Research (IOSR)), DOI:10.9790/5728-11354247, Volume 11, Issue 3 Ver. V (May - Jun. 2015), PP 42-47. Publisher's site.
- Ahammed, B.* and Seddiqe M.M.I.S. (2015). Impact of Micro-Credit Management System of an NGO in Socio-Economic Development of Rural Women in Perspective of Bangladesh. Global Journal of Human-Social Science: C, Sociology & Culture, Volume 15 Issue 2, PP 1–8.
* Corresponding Author/First Author
- Abedin, M. M., Maniruzzaman, M., Islam, M.S., Ali, M., Ahammed, B., Ahmed, N.A.M.F. (2017). Comparative Study of Artificial Neural Network Regression and Classical regression. Proceedings in International Conference on Bioinformatics and Biostatistics for Agriculture, Health and Environment. ISBN: 978-984-34-0996-6. Paper_Link.
- Ahammed, B.*, and Alam M.M. (2015). Forecasting Failure Number Using Warranty Claims in Multiplicative Composite Scale. Proceedings in International Conference on Statistical Data Mining for Bioinformatics Health Agriculture and Environment. ISBN: 978-984-33-5876-9, PP. 540-554. Paper_Link.
* Corresponding Author/First Author