Md. Tareq Bin Salam
List of Conference and Training:
1. Attended 1st International conference on Environmental Science and Resource management 2019 as a paper presenter in Mawlana Bhasani Science and Technology. University, Tangail, Bangladesh.
2. Attended International conference on Delta Plan 2100 and Sustainable Development in Bangladesh, 2019 as a paper presenter in Krishibid Institute (KBI), Dhaka, Bangladesh.
3. Attended 1st International Conference on Biological and Environmental Research: Recent Development, Challenges and Future prospects (ICBER 2018) as a paper presenter in Jashore University of Science and Technology, Jashore, Bangladesh.
4. Attended 5-days ‘Training workshop on Participatory panning tools for strategic delta planning and management’ arranged by CEGIS and IHE Delft.
5. Attended in 2-day Training on Pedagogy, Module I: Teaching and Learning, 2019, arranged by Center of Excellence in Teaching and Learning, Khulna University.
6. Attended in 2-day Training on Pedagogy, Module II: Teaching and Learning, 2019, arranged by Center of Excellence in Teaching and Learning, Khulna University.
7. Attended more than 10 international training and workshop during corporate tenure (2012-2018) at Nestle Bangladesh Ltd. regarding on professional development and grooming.
1. In 2019, Joint project has been started with Bangladesh Rice Research Institute (BRRI, Gazipur) entitled ‘Adaptation of New Rice Varieties under Stress Condition’.
2. In 2019, Join work with Uttran (NGO) entitled ‘Agro-ecological and Socio-economical Impact of Tidal River Management in Southwestern Bangladesh.
3. In 2019, Project has been started entitled ‘Tobacco Cultivation Influences on Soils, Crops and Environmental Degradation in Rangpur District, Bangladesh’ funded by Khulna University Research Cell.
BSc in Soil Science from Khulna University
MS in Soil Science from Khulna University
Soil Pollution and Sustainable Management, Soil Conservation
Had an exposure to work in Global no.1 nutrition health and wellness multinational companies "Nestle Bangladesh Ltd." for 6 years
2021: *Salam, M.T.B., Zaman, S.M.S., Hossen, S.M.T. et al. Consecutive 2-year data analysis to assess the soil quality and ecological risk of heavy metals in Tobacco field: a case study in Northern Bangladesh. SN Appl. Sci. 3, 193 (2021). Published by Springer Nature. https://doi.org/10.1007/s42452-021-04152-z.
2019: *Salam, M.T.B., Karmakar, B., Hossain, T., Robin, M. H., Ferdaus, Z., and Hossain, M. “Agronomic Performance of Modern Irrigated Rice Varieties in compare with BRRI dhan-28 cultivars in South-western Bangladesh. plant science Today;6(4):528-532.. https://doi.org/10.14719/pst.2019.6.4.632.(IF: 0.2; Cite Score: 0.37).
2019: Hossain, M., and *Salam, M.T.B. 2019. “Changes in Soil Physical Properties and fertility Status of Long Term Cultivated Soils in Southwestern Bangladesh”; Malaysian Journal of Soil Science,23:31-41. (Cite Score-0.3).
2019: *Salam, M.T.B., Zaman, S.S.M., Nuralom, Md., and Hossain, M. 2019.Strategic Ground Water Management Planning for Rice field in Rangpur District, Bangladesh. Current World Environment,14(2): 320-325. Doi:http://dx.doi.org/10.12944/CWE.14.2.16. (Thompson-Router, Clarivate analytics, and Copernicus indexed international Journal).
2019: Khatun, M., Shuvo, A.R., *Salam, M.T.B., and Rahman, S.M.H.2019. Effect of organic amendments on soil salinity and the growth of maize (Zea mays L.). Plant Science Today;6(2):106-111. https://doi.org/10.14719/pst.2019.6.2.491.(IF: 0.2; Cite Score: 0.37)
2016: Khan, H., Salam, M.T.B., Billah, S.M., 2016. Effect of mulching material on conservation
of plant available soil moisture. Journal of SUB 6(1): 44-52.
2014: Salam, M.T.B., *Billah S.M. and Ali, S.Y., 2014. “Effects of shrimp industry-waste water on Maize (Zea mays) cultivation”. Journal of Scientific and Innovative Research; 3(3): 308-314. (Copirnicus indexed International Journal).
2013: Salam, M.T.B and *Billah, S.M. 2013. “Assessment of irrigation water quality as deteriorated by effluent discharged from major shrimp processing industries of Rupsha Upazila, Khulna, Bangladesh”. Khulna University Studies; 11 (1&2)and 12 (1&2): 121-127.
2013: Ahsan, S., Salam, M.T.B. and *Billah, S.M. 2013. “Impact of Shrimp processing industries on the chemical properties of soils of Rupsha Upazila, Khulna, Bangladesh” Khulna University Studies, volume 11 (1&2) and 12 (1&2): 27-32.